PDA

View Full Version : Prolly a dumb question...

Strormer
2011-09-26, 11:59 AM
Ok, I've been on here for a little while, and I've more or less gotten the hang of the lingo here, but I still have no idea what PEACH means.
Can anyone tell me or even better point me somewhere where all the acronyms and whatnot are explained?
I feel like such a noob for asking, but then how do noobs lessen their noobishness except to ask...

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-09-26, 12:07 PM
I can't point to a directory, sadly, though I'd be excited to learn about one :-) PEACH, if memory serves, is a holdover from the pre-4e WotC homebrew boards. I remember a post back in the day where a user proposed it, and as far as I know, it was generally agreed upon by most of the community, and it would seem has migrated over here, with the homebrewers themselves. It means Please Examine And Critique H...onestly? lol. I can't actually remember what the H was for, but a word like that, anyway... it basically means the person would like a real opinion and advice on their creation, not just a "hey this is cool!" or "That's dumb/broken!" type reply.

Strormer
2011-09-26, 12:10 PM
Great and mighty thankies.

Savannah
2011-09-26, 12:58 PM
Can anyone tell me or even better point me somewhere where all the acronyms and whatnot are explained?

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18512) is a huge list of acronyms and abbreviations. Some of it is pretty commonly known, but it's got stuff like PEACH on it, too.