PDA

View Full Version : Wielding a party member as an intelligent item?

maximus25
2011-09-26, 05:10 PM
Yes.

In my friday 3.5 game, our DM is awesome and stuff. He allows any arbitrary LA or RHD count, treating us all as first level characters no matter our ECL. You see how this could get crazy. This just means he shall throw any old monster at us that is as powerful as we are. The first character I made after hearing this was a Ragewalker. I wrecked house, destroying a dracolich he sent at us in a couple turns. He wasn't too happy about this, as I was averaging over 40's on my to hit rolls while others were getting high 20's at the most (They don't know how to optimize.)

He scrapped my Ragewalker, but gave me a powerful homebrewed awakened silverback gorilla to compensate. It's not as powerful as the other character, but it's decent. I have no weapon to start out with, as we don't start out with anything in this game. My friend just died due to alchemists and unfortunate rolls, so now he asked if he could run an intelligent weapon that my character would wield.

This opens up many many opportunities for some great roleplay. What do you guys recommend as a weapon for a silverback gorilla barbarian 1? He wants to make a scythe, focusing on vampiric strike, keen, and enervating I think? Deals negative levels.

My stats are: STR 26, DEX 17, CON 24, INT 12, WIS 13, CHA 11.

Thanks in advance playground.

Metahuman1
2011-09-26, 05:14 PM
I'm partial to one of three ideas myself.

1: Goliath Great Hammer. You've got awesome sauce str, USE IT!

2: Rapier: All the awesome of captain jack sparrow, except form an ape wielding a cutlass that asks everyone if there "savvy?"!

2: Dagger: Make it so you've got this little itty bitty knife of DOOM!