PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this is an extremely n00bish thing to ask about Pathfinder..

Mockingbird
2011-09-27, 01:50 PM
Please forgive me for asking this, because this is my first time playing D&D/Pathfinder..
Skills on your prestige classes' skill list are counted as class skills, not cross class ones, right?

GAH! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!

Anarchy_Kanya
2011-09-27, 01:59 PM
Why... wouldn't they? :smallconfused:

Arbane
2011-09-27, 02:25 PM
In PF, yes. If a skill's on any class you have's list, it's a class skill for you.

Andreaz
2011-09-27, 02:25 PM
Correct, they are your class skills.
Additionally, a skill never stops being a class skill without you actively removing them from your class skill list. So if you get Stealth as a class skill then enter the prestige class "Noisy Vanguard of Brass Cacophony", which does not have Stealth in its skill list, you'll still have and use Stealth as a class skill.

Kansaschaser
2011-09-27, 02:34 PM
Correct, they are your class skills.
Additionally, a skill never stops being a class skill without you actively removing them from your class skill list. So if you get Stealth as a class skill then enter the prestige class "Noisy Vanguard of Brass Cacophony", which does not have Stealth in its skill list, you'll still have and use Stealth as a class skill.

HAHA! :smallbiggrin: That would be an awesome pretige class. Can someone come up with the "Noisy Vanguard of Brass Cacophony" class? I'd love to see the options. Possibly a Bard prestige class?

Arbane
2011-09-27, 02:36 PM
HAHA! :smallbiggrin: That would be an awesome pretige class. Can someone come up with the "Noisy Vanguard of Brass Cacophony" class? I'd love to see the options. Possibly a Bard prestige class?

Well, they get WP: War Cymbals free at level 1...

Andreaz
2011-09-27, 03:29 PM
Well, for one the noise must transcend all barriers. First ignoring magical silence, and eventually ignoring sensory barriers, like making the victim's individual organs smell the "music".

Mockingbird
2011-09-27, 03:34 PM
Thanks, I know I'm stupid. :P

BlueInc
2011-09-27, 03:37 PM
Well, for one the noise must transcend all barriers. First ignoring magical silence, and eventually ignoring sensory barriers, like making the victim's individual organs smell the "music".

This should allow them to use Perform checks to Inspire Competence in skills they normally couldn't, such as Hide and Move Silently Stealth.

Lord.Sorasen
2011-09-27, 04:45 PM
They could have the spell shatter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shatter), but as an aura. As sort of fun little flavor power, immunity to fatigue from forced march.

Inevitably they play so loudly that the universe can't hear wizards saying there spells, causing all spells with auditory components to fail (except those made by the vanguard, of course, which actually have the auditory component twice.)