PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Low-level Witch vs Undead

Arbane
2011-09-27, 02:35 PM
Hey, all. (And hello to my DM if he's reading this.)

I'm having fun with my Witch character, but it looks like we're going to be venturing into an undead-infested area. Most of my best tricks are mind-affecting or require Fort saves, which means they won't work on undead. (We got chewed up a bit by ghouls last session.)

If all else fails, I can just keep on spamming Misfortune, which is my backup plan for defeating _anything_. :smallwink:

The good news is, I just made level 4, so I get more spells & another Hex. I already have Fortune, Misfortune, Cackle, Flight, and Healing. I was planning on taking Evil Eye, but I'm thinking of getting Ward this time instead?

Also what witch spells are good against undead? I already have Web, and I was thinking of getting Glitterdust.

Suggestions? The rest of the group are a Magus/Alchemist, a Druid/Rogue, and a Monk.

subject42
2011-09-27, 02:52 PM
Cure various wounds spells aren't terrible at low levels, since they do double duty as damage and healing in that kind of scenario.

What is your patron?

BlueInc
2011-09-27, 02:52 PM
Healing Hex works as an equivalent Cure spell, so there's some free damage against undead :D

Arbane
2011-09-27, 03:20 PM
Cure various wounds spells aren't terrible at low levels, since they do double duty as damage and healing in that kind of scenario.

What is your patron?

Healing patron. So I get Lesser Restoration this level.

Do you need to make a touch attack to use Healing Hex as an attack? (My character has pathetic strength, so I might want to go with the Prehensile Hair hex in that case - I was planning on taking it eventually, anyway.)

subject42
2011-09-27, 03:22 PM
Do you need to make a touch attack to use Healing Hex as an attack? (My character has pathetic strength, so I might want to go with the Prehensile Hair hex in that case - I was planning on taking it eventually, anyway.)

Healing Hex is as the spell, so it would be a touch attack.