PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Companion Replacement

Incanur
2011-09-27, 03:26 PM
What happens when an elemental companion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061010a) dies? Is it gone forever or can you get another via a 24-hour ceremony as with an animal companion?

Sarusta
2011-09-27, 05:28 PM
I'd imagine recovery is the same as the standard companion. It would he pretty awful if it didn't, really. Even if it wasn't I'm sure your DM would permit it.

Cog
2011-09-27, 06:41 PM
Technically you only get the one companion, and if you lose it you must go for a True Res or similar Elemental-compatible effect to get it back. That seems very much like an oversight, though, and I'd find it very silly if a DM didn't allow either the standard Druid method or provide some other means of replacing the lost companion.

Incanur
2011-09-27, 07:40 PM
Technically you only get the one companion, and if you lose it you must go for a True Res or similar Elemental-compatible effect to get it back. That seems very much like an oversight, though, and I'd find it very silly if a DM didn't allow either the standard Druid method or provide some other means of replacing the lost companion.

My thoughts exactly. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks! :smallsmile: