PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way a Dark Companion can die?

Mockingbird
2011-09-27, 07:44 PM
Hexblades have this alternate class feature called Dark Companion (it suits hexblades perfectly) but is there any way they can die? It says that it can be dispelled, but it reforms 24 hours later. If you move more than 100 feet away from it, it teleports back to you. It can't be hurt, and it's incorporeal. But is there any way this can be permanently dispelled or killed?

Fax Celestis
2011-09-27, 07:45 PM
It's impossible to kill what isn't real.

Zaq
2011-09-27, 07:45 PM
Not that I know of. I mean, you could use Expunge the Supernatural to get rid of it permanently (it's (Su), right? I don't have my book open), I guess, but that's not quite the same thing.

Mockingbird
2011-09-27, 07:56 PM
Not that I know of. I mean, you could use Expunge the Supernatural to get rid of it permanently (it's (Su), right? I don't have my book open), I guess, but that's not quite the same thing.

"At 4th level, you can create an illusory companion, resembling a panther, spun from the night."

I'm assuming this means it's an illusion.

JaronK
2011-09-27, 08:07 PM
It's just an illusion, but you can easily kill it. Just kill the Hexblade.

JaronK

Zaq
2011-09-27, 10:45 PM
Huh. I just actually read it, and it doesn't have the (Su) tag, so Expunge the Supernatural won't get rid of it. (Interestingly, RAW, an AMF wouldn't either, since it doesn't say that it's magical . . . just that it can be dispelled. RAI, sure, but RAW? Not so much. Admittedly, that "treated as a spell" thing is a bit ambiguous, but still, ever so slightly sloppy writing.)

I do love Hexblades. I just wish they were better (especially for more than a dip).