PDA

View Full Version : I think I've Broken Reality...

Getsugaru
2011-09-27, 09:30 PM
I was casually flipping through the Planar Handbook, when I came upon the Magic Item section. I decided to take a look, and found a Ring called "Limbo Control," which possesses the ability to control the ever-changing Chaos of morphing planes and, by extension, Limbo. The exact text says "The wearer
merely visualizes what sort of environment he wants, and the ring creates it, in a 25-foot-radius sphere centering on the wearer. Further, even if the wearer falls unconscious, the sphere of control retains the form the wearer specifi ed. The wearer can change the form of the controlled area once per round as a free action." Then I remembered the Planar Sheppard and its ability to be linked to a plane in such a way that they are in a bubble made of that plane's existence. Then I realized, if I combine the Planar Sheppard's Planar Bubble (Limbo, Dal Quar, etc.) with the Ring of Limbo Control, I can control the world around me completely!!!:smalleek:
Does this work?

Jack_Simth
2011-09-27, 09:34 PM
I was casually flipping through the Planar Handbook, when I came upon the Magic Item section. I decided to take a look, and found a Ring called "Limbo Control," which possesses the ability to control the ever-changing Chaos of morphing planes and, by extension, Limbo. The exact text says "The wearer
merely visualizes what sort of environment he wants, and the ring creates it, in a 25-foot-radius sphere centering on the wearer. Further, even if the wearer falls unconscious, the sphere of control retains the form the wearer specifi ed. The wearer can change the form of the controlled area once per round as a free action." Then I remembered the Planar Sheppard and its ability to be linked to a plane in such a way that they are in a bubble made of that plane's existence. Then I realized, if I combine the Planar Sheppard's Planar Bubble (Limbo, Dal Quar, etc.) with the Ring of Limbo Control, I can control the world around me completely!!!:smalleek:
Does this work?
For the terrain, and maybe unattended objects, probably. However, there's generally going to be an activation method on the ring of a standard action... and the Planar Bubble for the Planar Shepherd requires Concentration to maintain.

Chilingsworth
2011-09-27, 09:37 PM
For the terrain, and maybe unattended objects, probably. However, there's generally going to be an activation method on the ring of a standard action... and the Planar Bubble for the Planar Shepherd requires Concentration to maintain.

So, you take some levels of Psion to get a psicrystal and that feat or power that lets you have your psicrystal do the concentrating for you!

Getsugaru
2011-09-27, 09:40 PM

Actually, the Ring of Limbo Control can be activated and used to change reality once per round as a Free Action.

Incanur
2011-09-27, 11:05 PM
You've found another way to break perhaps the most broken class in 3.x D&D. Congratulations. :smallsmile: