PDA

View Full Version : Getting More Auras?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-28, 08:15 AM
This there a way to get additional auras, from the Marshal class, without additional level investments?

Thanks

dextercorvia
2011-09-28, 08:27 AM
No, but there are other ways to get auras (even Cha based ones).

Unseelie Fey, Paladin of Slaughter, Dragon Shaman, Divine Mind, and the Draconic Aura feat all come to mind. There are some feats like Dilate Aura that might be beneficial.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-28, 09:01 PM
No, but there are other ways to get auras (even Cha based ones).

Unseelie Fey, Paladin of Slaughter, Dragon Shaman, Divine Mind, and the Draconic Aura feat all come to mind. There are some feats like Dilate Aura that might be beneficial.

Any chance someone could give me the source of Unseelie Fey and Dilate Aura. I'm assuming Draconic Aura is from either PHBII, DM, or RoD.

Thanks.

Zagaroth
2011-09-28, 09:05 PM
Not sure on those two, but I thought there was a second aura or something feat in either RoD or DM

hex0
2011-09-28, 09:10 PM
how do auras stack?

Flickerdart
2011-09-28, 09:12 PM
how do auras stack?
Unless they apply a bonus of the same type, they stack with one another. The only exception is unnamed bonuses provided by auras of the same name.

dextercorvia
2011-09-28, 09:44 PM
Any chance someone could give me the source of Unseelie Fey and Dilate Aura. I'm assuming Draconic Aura is from either PHBII, DM, or RoD.

Thanks.

Unseelie Fey is in Dragon Compendium. Dilate Aura is in Fiendish Codex II.

Flickerdart
2011-09-28, 11:11 PM
Unseelie Fey doesn't have a listed LA, though, does it?

Zaq
2011-09-28, 11:19 PM
My copy of Dragon Compendium has it as LA +0. Whether or not this is insane depends on the kind of game you run (and just how strictly random some of those tables are), but it's RAW.

I will also note that unseelie fey will apparently breed with anything alive, which puts them at a half-step more promiscuous than dragons, which also demand that their partner be corporeal. In short, a dragon will bone you if you have both STR and CON, but an unseelie fey only cares about CON. Discuss.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-29, 01:00 AM
My copy of Dragon Compendium has it as LA +0. Whether or not this is insane depends on the kind of game you run (and just how strictly random some of those tables are), but it's RAW.

I will also note that unseelie fey will apparently breed with anything alive, which puts them at a half-step more promiscuous that dragons, which also demand that their partner be corporeal. In short, a dragon will bone you if you have both STR and CON, but an unseelie fey only cares about CON. Discuss.

I keep on forgetting that oozes have a CON. That means there are so many weird Oozes you can have.

Why anything would mate with an ooze, I do not know. I think I need to try an make a ooze character.

Are there listed LA's for oozes anywhere?

EDIT: Made a new thread for this: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217035 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217035)