PDA

View Full Version : Drow => Drider (Pathfinder)

Gandolfi Feesh
2011-09-28, 02:03 PM
I'm looking to convert an NPC drow into a drider for an upcoming campaign.
Can anyone give me any tips regarding conversion?
I was thinking of just applying a climb speed, the poisonous bite and the web special attack. Maybe even give him an additional +2 to dex or something.
Would raising the CR by one be enough to cover this??

Any information much appreciated,
Thanks.

Curious
2011-09-28, 02:24 PM
Take a Drider. Apply whatever class levels the Drow has to it.

Irish Musician
2011-09-28, 02:29 PM
Take a Drider. Apply whatever class levels the Drow has to it.

Maybe even look at his HP and see if it is balanced for that level of monster and make sure that it isn't too hard or too easy for the PC's to kill.

Urpriest
2011-09-28, 03:09 PM
If you're doing this the canon way, nothing. The Drow has failed one of the tests of Lolth. The Drider form is a punishment for failure, a scouring of most forms of individuality. Just use Drider stats.

If you want to do a modification thing, I'd build a Drider with similar features. If you just want to know what the thing in your post looks like CR-wise, I'd eyeball it as +1 CR if you throw in the +2 Dex.

Randomguy
2011-09-28, 03:16 PM
Keep hit points, skill points, feats, class levels and features the same. Keep the ability scores the same, but remove all racial modifiers with the drider racial modifiers (+4 strength, dexterity, intelligence and +6 constitution, wisdom and charisma.) Also replace all other racial traits (movement speeds, racial skill modifiers, so on) except weapon proficiences (since it doesn't make sense to lose those, as they represent training) with drider racial traits.

Jeraa
2011-09-28, 03:27 PM
If you're doing this the canon way, nothing. The Drow has failed one of the tests of Lolth. The Drider form is a punishment for failure, a scouring of most forms of individuality. Just use Drider stats.

Only true in core D&D and Forgotten Realms. In Eberron, driders are seen as the chosen of the Mockery (one of the Dark Six), and are a true race; they arn't created by transforming anything. In Pathfinder (the system the OP uses) they are just a drow warped and mutated through special poisons and elixirs. There is no Lolth to test the drow.

satorian
2011-09-28, 03:34 PM
Keep hit points, skill points, feats, class levels and features the same. Keep the ability scores the same, but remove all racial modifiers with the drider racial modifiers (+4 strength, dexterity, intelligence and +6 constitution, wisdom and charisma.) Also replace all other racial traits (movement speeds, racial skill modifiers, so on) except weapon proficiences (since it doesn't make sense to lose those, as they represent training) with drider racial traits.

Looking at the PRD, those don't seem tot be the drider racial ability mods. Where did you get them?

Are you basically using the Drider in the PRD for a chassis? http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/drider.html#_drider

Blisstake
2011-09-28, 03:35 PM
Ah, do you have Inner Sea Magic available? It gives you the "Fleshwarped" Template which describes the changes that occur between a drow and drider. If I recall correctly, it increases one statistic, lowers two, gives natural armor, a skill bonus, and a random goody that depends on the species being warped (for driders I think this is spider walking... not sure though)

Jeraa
2011-09-28, 03:39 PM
Looking at the PRD, those don't seem tot be the drider racial ability mods. Where did you get them?

Those are the 3.5 ability mods. Pathfinder mods are +4 Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence, +6 wisdom and charisma, and +8 constitution. You subtract 10 from even ability scores and 11 from odd ability scores to get the racial modifiers.

Runestar
2011-09-29, 06:21 AM
There is a Drider (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20011118a) template here, which you can adapt.