PDA

View Full Version : Help with an Eldritch Theurge

Zagaroth
2011-09-28, 09:03 PM
Ok, cool PrC, but for compatibility instead of MAD, I need 4 levels of sorcerer added to a warlock in progress. Game is PF based, 3.x additional, race is human.

Are there any relatively sane ways of fast tracking "cast level 2 spells"? The sorc levels do not entirely suck, because to upgrade warlock to PF status we gave it bloodlines like a sorcerer, minus bonus spells, so my bloodline abilities would be sorc + warlock levels (and then I'd have a place to put bonus spells..)

Just so you know, my warlock is currently using a Conductive Revolver to shoot at range with his gun (and revolvers are vs touch AC) and hit them with his EB too. The PrC would let me Shoot you/EB you/Smack you with a spell in a single action. But it is pricey to get into. SO I would like to reduce that cost, and am willing to invest a feat.

Hirax
2011-09-28, 09:05 PM
There is a sketchy way. Take the feat mother cyst from Libra Mortis. Depending on how you read the feat, you could argue that you know all those spells, you just can't cast them because you don't have the spell slots. Take versatile spellcaster too, and BAM!, suddenly you have access to that second level spell.

Zagaroth
2011-09-28, 09:21 PM
actually, stacking bloodlines may mean I get to skip mother cyst.

hex0
2011-09-28, 09:25 PM
Can you take an arcane prc with its own list? Like Suel Arcanamach

Zagaroth
2011-09-28, 09:40 PM
Probably, so only 2 levels, but the prerequisites are otherwise hefty for that, so not optimal. Hrrm. OK, browsing other PrCs now too.

hex0
2011-09-28, 09:44 PM
Probably, so only 2 levels, but the prerequisites are otherwise hefty for that, so not optimal. Hrrm. OK, browsing other PrCs now too.

Suel is probably the best. there is trapsmith(which has a short, but impressive list), but it requires trapfindin.

Dhavaer
2011-09-28, 09:49 PM
Versatile Spellcaster/Heighten Spell?

Zagaroth
2011-09-28, 09:51 PM
Nope, my DM Oked 1 level of sorcerer, and using 2nd level bloodline spells since my total bloodline levels will be that high with warlock in too.

Nice, that is perfect. Just delays build ideas back by 2 levels. I am OK with that. This gives me way more options. Excellent even.

Thanks every one for your help!