PDA

View Full Version : Divine concept

Little Brother
2011-09-28, 09:41 PM
My group is just starting a new game, and I had a concept: a build attempting to get as many domains as possible, and function off of the domain bonus and devotions, not the spells themselves, and as much turn undead for as many non-DMM divine feats as possible, such as divine might, and just wade into the fray. I was thinking Cloistered Cleric to start, heading into maybe paladin for 2-4 levels, but I'm out of ideas after that. Obviously, Seeker of the Misty Isles, Contemplative, and maybe Church Inquisitor and Divine Oracle, though I am unsure of those. How else can I just pile the turns and domains? I just don't want to end up playing CoDZilla.

Thanks for any help at all.

dextercorvia
2011-09-28, 10:10 PM
Sovereign Speaker from IRCC FoE is probably what you want. Skip the Paladin.

Elric VIII
2011-09-28, 10:15 PM
Look into Sovereign Speak from Faiths of Eberron; 7/9 casting and it gets a new domain each level.

The standard trick for feuling divine feats is to get multiple pools of TU substitutes:

From Ravenloft you have Destroy Undead, get this through Paladin.

Then you take a level of Azurin Cleric (MoI) or Dragonblood Cleric(RotD) for either Channel Incarnum or Turn Energy. Both of these say they can be used in place of TU for the purpose of Divine Feats, prerequisites, etc.

Take a level of Death Delver(HoH) for Rebuke Undead.

Take a level of Sacred Exorcist for Turn Undead.

These will net you an effective 12 + 3*Cha uses/day.

Nightsticks from Libris Mortis grant 4 extra uses of Turn/Rebuke of any kind, so thats an additional 16 uses for every Nightstick you own.

You can then take elemental domains for Turn/Rebuke elemental creatures (equal to 3+Cha for each domain), but there seems to be some debate as to whether these work with divine feats.

Little Brother
2011-09-28, 10:22 PM
Sovereign Speaker from IRCC FoE is probably what you want. Skip the Paladin.

Sweet, looks great

Elric: What book is this "destroy undead" in?

Thanks for the input so far!

Also, what can I do, if not paladin, for 4 levels to decrease squishiness?

EDIT: Is it possible to get Dismissal or Dispel Evil early?

Elric VIII
2011-09-28, 11:21 PM
Destroy Undead is a Turn/Rebuke variant from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. However, upon further inspection, it appears to only be for Clerics, not Paladins. this means you cannot stack it with Turn Energy or Channel Incarnum.

herrhauptmann
2011-09-28, 11:40 PM
Divine Oracle grants another domain as well (Complete Divine)
whoops, reading fail...

Little Brother
2011-09-29, 12:11 AM
Destroy Undead is a Turn/Rebuke variant from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. However, upon further inspection, it appears to only be for Clerics, not Paladins. this means you cannot stack it with Turn Energy or Channel Incarnum.Dang.

Any other base classes beyond Cleric/Paladin grant turn/rebuke? 'Cuz otherwise I'm looking at something like Azurin Cloistered Cleric 1/Pally 4(Gonna have to deal with the code. Is there a better way than Bone Knight?)/Death Delver 1/Contemplative 1/Sovereign Speaker X/Domain Classes Y

Divine Oracle grants another domain as well (Complete Divine)Yeah, I know, I mentioned it in the OP.

dextercorvia
2011-09-29, 08:41 AM
You can get Turn Undead from a domain choice, or Sacred Exorcist1 -- Don't waste 4 levels on it.

The Sun domain from DLCS grants Turn Undead as a cleric.

gkathellar
2011-09-29, 08:46 AM
Sovereign Speaker, as other people have pointed out, and Contemplative as you yourself noted. Rainbow Servant is stupid-broken, but it does get you three domains! And every other cleric spell.

If you want something to use Turn Undead on, grab some Devotion feats. They're pretty awesome.

Little Brother
2011-09-29, 08:57 AM
You can get Turn Undead from a domain choice, or Sacred Exorcist1 -- Don't waste 4 levels on it.

The Sun domain from DLCS grants Turn Undead as a cleric.Domain choice sounds fine, but I still need to hit level 5, earliest entry PrCs are Death Delver and Sovereign Speaker, both entry at 6. Thus, paladin is effective, 'cuz I'm blowing those 4 levels on something with a decent BAB either way.

Little Brother
2011-09-29, 07:35 PM
Oh, and stats? How should they be set up? I want to focus on melee, not casting, but ignoring casting completely is stupid.

What I'm looking at is 10 STR 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 14 Cha 16. Does that seem okay? I've got the Divine Might for damage, so STR isn't that important. What other good Divine Feats are good? Is there a good class for skills or something instead of Paladin?

Thanks for all the input so far.

dextercorvia
2011-09-29, 09:19 PM
Oh, and stats? How should they be set up? I want to focus on melee, not casting, but ignoring casting completely is stupid.

What I'm looking at is 10 STR 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 14 Cha 16. Does that seem okay? I've got the Divine Might for damage, so STR isn't that important. What other good Divine Feats are good? Is there a good class for skills or something instead of Paladin?

Thanks for all the input so far.

Before you go all out on Divine feats, remember that you can only use one divine feat per round.

Little Brother
2011-09-29, 09:31 PM
Before you go all out on Divine feats, remember that you can only use one divine feat per round.Yeah, but I want ways to blow the million Turn Attempts I'd have. Divine Might is good, and all, but I will sometimes wanna do something beyond hitting people in the face.

Big Fau
2011-09-29, 10:19 PM
There's a build in the CLeric handbook over at BG that gets upwards of 70 turn undead attempts (granted, every feat in that build is Extra Turning, but they managed to work Channel Incarnum, Turn Dragon, and Turn Undead into the same build).

kardar233
2011-09-29, 10:28 PM
If you are fine with skimping on spell slots in order to save Cleric levels you could go Divine Crusader and progress it with Sovereign Speaker.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-09-29, 10:31 PM
If you have more than one source of turning/rebuking I think extra turning applies to all of them, so it might be a good feat option.

I would also keep str to 13 minimum so you can get Power Attack