PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a Space Adventure (its an adventure in space) 3.X

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-29, 01:46 AM
Hey all!

As the title suggests, I need some guidance for a Space themed adventure and maybe campaign that I will be DMing for a few of my friends soon. I have already made some modifications to the standard races and some gear tweaks. The most important thing is this is not a sci-fi game! It is still fantasy but with magic and tech working together. So all the normal stuff from the books are around and well as some modified fluff, such as having the races be in space:smallwink:

I was wondering about SpellJammer material but I never heard of a 3.0 or 3.5 update... if anyone has any book ideas, homebrews are fine, or links to cool sites please let me know! Thanks in advance for the help.

Eldan
2011-09-29, 04:31 AM
There is Spelljammer.org (http://www.spelljammer.org/), which is the semi-official fansite. Wizards allowed quite a few of these for different settings, like Athas for Dark Sun and Planewalker for Planescape. I haven't had a look at the site myself, but it says that there's a 3rd edition conversion.

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-29, 07:22 PM
Thanks Eldan... I am not sure how I missed that lols. I will check it out!

Has anyone ever done something like this before? I can`t be the only DM who has run a space fantasy for his players. I could really use the advice or suggestions:smallsmile:

Endarire
2011-09-29, 11:51 PM
My final battle involved the level 21 party against the Tarrasque, which was heavily modified to act as an alien mothership.

As for space adventures, consider vaccuum exposure and lack of oxygen, food, and water. What do you plan to do in space?

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-30, 12:55 AM
I have read through the old Spelljammer stuff and some of the new now! Wow I cant believe I missed it when I first went hunting.:smallredface:

Never look for info when you havent slept and its like 3am. I think I like the idea of magical space travel with some sci-fi elements... perhaps vacuum exposure when off ship or out of its air bubble like in Spelljammer and using tech for travel in the wildspace areas... Thanks again for the link.

I think this problem may now be solved!