PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder/ToB3.5] Maneuvers for all!

derFaust
2011-09-29, 01:04 PM
Hi!
I was´nt very happy with the new Ultimate Combat book. I hoped it would give the Warrior Classes a chance to specialize more. I really love the Maneuver System of the Tome of Battle, so I thought about how to give the Core- and Baseclasses the Ability to use Maneuvers, too.
There for I use the ToB Disciplines, Maneuvers and Stances, and also the feats Martial Study and Martial Stance, but the Charakters can take these feats as often as they like, not just 3 times.
Apart from that, every Non-Fullcaster-Class gets alternate Classfeatures to get more easily on Maneuvers or to use their classlevel as their initiatorlevel:

Barbarian:
The Barbarian looses the abilities Trapfinding, Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge. He can take Martial Study or Martial Stance as a bonusfeat instead of a Ragepower. He can only choose from the disciplines of Desert Wind, Stone Dragon and Tiger Claw and everytime he uses a Meneuver in Ballte, he loses 2 uses of his Rage ability per day. There for he counts his Barbarian level as his initiatorlevel. When he is in a Rage, the DC of his Maneuvers improves by 2.

Bard:
The Bard looses his abilitis Fascinate and Inspire Competence. There for he gets Martial Study or Martial Stance as a bonusfeat on the 1st level, and on every level when his Inspire Competence would have improved. Every use of a Maneuver in battle costs him 2 uses of his Bardic Music ability and he can only choose Maneuvers and Stances from the disciplines Desert Wind, Diamond Mind and White Raven. He counts his Bard Level as his initiatorlevel.

Fighter:
The Fighter can choose to loose Weapontraining I, II, III or IV. Instead he can choose a discipline for which he can count his Fighter Level as his initiatorlevel. Every time he gets Weapontraining, he may choose to instead choose another discipline.
Monk:
The Monk adds Martial Study or Martial Stance to his list of Bonusfeats, but every use of a Maneuver in Battle lets him loose 1 point of his Ki-pool in Battle. If he chooses Maneuvers from the Setting Sun discipline, he counts his Monk Level as his initiatorlevel.

Paladin:
The Paladin looses his ability to cast spells. Instead, every time he gets a new Mercy, he also gets Martial Study or Martial Stance as a Bonusfeat. He must choose from the disciplines Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon or White Raven and his Paladin Level counts as his initiatorlevel.
If he chooses a Maneuver or Stance from Devoted Spirit, he must´nt choose one with the chaos or evil descriptor.

Antipaladin (alternative Paladin):
The Paladin looses his ability to cast spells. Instead, every time he gets a new Cruelty, he also gets Martial Study or Martial Stance as a Bonusfeat. He must choose from the disciplines Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon or White Raven and his Paladin Level counts as his initiatorlevel.
If he chooses a Maneuver or Stance from Devoted Spirit, he must´nt choose one with the good or law descriptor.

I originally wrote all this in german, so I will translate the other classes later. Now, do you think these alternate classfeatures would be ok?

Here are the other classes, but only in german:

Schurke:
Der Schurke verzichtet auf seine Fähigkeiten Reflexbewegung, verbesserte Reflexbewegung und Fallengespür. Dafür kann er anstelle eines Schurkentricks auch "Martial Study" oder "Martial Stance" als Bonustalent wählen. Allerdings nur für die Disziplinen Desert Wind, Shadow Hand und Tiger Claw und auch nur, wenn er den Gegner auf dem falschen Fuß erwischt, in die Zange nimmt, oder in einer anderen Situation, in der er auch seinen hinterhältigen Angriff ansetzen kann. Dafür kann er jedoch seine Stufe als Schurke als seine Initiatorstufe anrechnen.

Ninja (alternativer Schurke):
Der Ninja verzichtet auf seine Fähigkeit Reflexbewegung und verbesserte Reflexbewegung. Dafür kann er anstelle eines Ninjatricks auch "Martial Study" oder "Martial Stance" wählen. Für die Disziplin Shadow Hand kann er dabei seine Klassenstufe als Initiatorstufe anrechnen. Jeder Einsatz eines Maneuvers verbraucht einen Ki-Punkt.

Waldläufer:
Der Waldläufer verliert die Fähigkeit zu zaubern. Dafür erhält er auf jeder Stufe auf der er ein Kampfstiltalent erhält zusätzlich das Talent "Martial Study" und "Martail Stance". Er kann nur Maneuver aus den Disziplinen Desert Wind und Tiger Claw wählen. Dafür entspricht aber seine Initiatorstufe seiner Stufe als Waldläufer.

Cavalier:
Der Cavalier kann auf die Fähigkeiten Cavaliers Charge, Greater Charge und Supreme Charge verzichten. Stattdessen kann er auf jeder Stufe auf der er eine neue Anwendung von Challenge bekommt, zusätzlich "Martial Study" oder "Martial Stance" als Talent wählen. Er darf allerdings nur aus den Disziplinen Iron Heart, Stone Dragon und White Raven wählen. Dafür zählt jedoch seine Stufe als Cavalier als seine Initiatorstufe.

Samurai (alternativer Cavalier):
Der Samurai kann auf die Fähigkeiten Resolve, Greater Resolve und True Resolve verzichten. Stattdessen kann er auf jeder Stufe auf der er eine neue Anwendung von Challenge bekommt, zusätzlich "Martial Study" oder "Martial Stance" als Talent wählen. Er darf allerdings nur aus den Disziplinen Iron Heart, Diamond Mind und White Raven wählen. Dafür zählt jedoch seine Stufe als Samurai als seine Initiatorstufe.

Inquisitor:
Der Inquisitor verliert die Fähigkeit Strenger Blick und Solo Taktik. Dafür kann er anstelle eines Teamworktalentes auch "Martial Study" oder "Martial Stance" als Bonustalent wählen. Allerdings ist er auf die Disziplinen Devoted Spirit, Tiger Claw und White Raven beschränkt und er kann Maneruver nur gegen Ziele seiner Fähigkeit Verurteilen anwenden. Dafür rechnet er seine Stufe als Inqusisitor als seine Initiatorstufe an.

Magus:
Der Magus erhlt kein Bonustalent auf Stufe 5, 11 und 17. Anstelle eines Magus Arcana kann der Magus auch "Martial Study" oder "Martial Stance" als Talent nehmen. Jeder Einsatz eines Maneuvers verbraucht jedoch einen Punkt seines Arkanen Pools und er kann seine Stufe als Magus als seine Initiatorstufe anrechnen. Auf Stufe 5 kann er nur eine Disziplin wählen, jedoch kommen auf den Stufen 11 und 17 je eine weitere Disziplin hinzu.