PDA

View Full Version : [resolved]3.5 Psionics. Normally augmentable powers as Psi-likes. Protocol?

Escheton
2011-09-29, 03:57 PM
Say you have a psi-like that treats CL as ML.
Do you use the base power calculated by ML or can you augment it with the ML as cap as usual? But without actually paying the powerpoints of course.

Ernir
2011-09-29, 04:02 PM
Are you asking about this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/overview.htm)?

When a creature uses a psi-like ability, the power is manifested as if the creature had spent a number of power points equal to its manifester level, which may augment the power to improve its damage or save DC.

Andreaz
2011-09-29, 04:03 PM
The power is augmented to the limit, letting you pick how you augment it if it has more than 1 augmentation option.

Escheton
2011-09-29, 04:40 PM
Thats just it. There is a subtle difference between augmenting it spending max power points and thus having it automatically increase dc and damage, and actively spending power points to use power augmentations.

The quote only settles the first one conclusively.

Or am I missing the fact that there is no distinction?

Lateral
2011-09-29, 05:32 PM
Thats just it. There is a subtle difference between augmenting it spending max power points and thus having it automatically increase dc and damage, and actively spending power points to use power augmentations.

The quote only settles the first one conclusively.

Or am I missing the fact that there is no distinction?
Yeah. I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Fax Celestis
2011-09-29, 05:33 PM
There's no distinction. The implication is that you buy features via pp as if you'd manifested it. Further, the psionic monsters with PLAs that are augmentable, in my memory, also function this way.

Escheton
2011-09-29, 05:48 PM
Alright, settled.
Thanks all for clearing the issue.