PDA

View Full Version : Soulbow optimization?

pilvento
2011-09-29, 04:23 PM
Playgrounders...

I know that archery in dnd sucks, that initiate of the bow is a trap and the only way to make decent dmg is geting lots of presition bonuses and greater manyshot. (im from a heavy optimizer group btw)

And after my future DM said "i wont allow ToB in this setting cause what i want to introduce is psionics" i got an idea...

The Soulbow PRC... i read it, its cool, has it flavour but in a campain where we ended at lvl 20 dealin arround 100dmg per hit having 7 to 9 hits each of us and the charger dealing arround 600dmg before his knockdown combo im goning to REALLY need a hand optimizing a ranger martial character.

For a start, any handbook or builds you know to make the soulknif work?
This will be a lvl 5-20 campaing so i need to be usefull at most lvls and not wait still for the capstone feature.

If any of you is playing League of Legends online game, then i think u will know my character concept.
Ezreal, The Prodigial Explorer

My idea for now is getin swift-hunter asap and then go for soulknife features.

We lack the skillmonkey / ranger / sneaky character since we have a cleric, a duskblade and a bard

Thank u all again for the time spended giving me a hand in lots of builds, but each time actual campaing gets longer i came up with a new idea for the next one, we are 19 so far after 3 long years, the end is comming.

Lateral
2011-09-29, 05:40 PM
Well, one of the cool things about Soulbow is that Lucky is one of the weapon abilities you can choose. Normally, it's just decent; however, on a Soulbow, you can use it on every attack. Free rerolls on your ranged attacks.

Also, since it takes one hand to use, you can have a shield and still use the ability, or (arguably) TWF or even MWF with it. This gets pretty awesome with a Thri-Kreen; you can get a ridiculous number of attacks/round on a full attack. (Only downside is the insane number of rolls you'll be making; with that and Lucky, you can expect to roll ~10 d20s a round at higher levels.)