PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to make Mami like character in Pathfinder

Akisa
2011-09-29, 11:23 PM
After watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica I got the hankering to play a Gunslinger inspired by Mami (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGIt919cucQ). The problem is that Muskets are two handed but she is seen dual wielding them a few times as she summons replacements rather then reload. I'm not looking for a 100% reproduction as the dancing weapons and finale would be too much.

The summon of muskets could be replaced with holster that works similar to Handy Haversack combined with quick draw? The question is there anyway to reduce the Musket to one a handed weapon?

Ravens_cry
2011-09-29, 11:49 PM
Unfortunately, it specifically says in the firearms rules that this doesn't work. She does this rarely enough that your original plan works just fine in my opinion for emulating the character without it.

NNescio
2011-09-29, 11:59 PM
On a related note, is there any way to fit the Lich template in there?

MagnusExultatio
2011-09-30, 12:13 AM
On a related note, avoid all purple worms, or giant worm creatures.

Starbuck_II
2011-09-30, 12:16 AM
After watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica I got the hankering to play a Gunslinger inspired by Mami (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGIt919cucQ). The problem is that Muskets are two handed but she is seen dual wielding them a few times as she summons replacements rather then reload. I'm not looking for a 100% reproduction as the dancing weapons and finale would be too much.

The summon of muskets could be replaced with holster that works similar to Handy Haversack combined with quick draw? The question is there anyway to reduce the Musket to one a handed weapon?

In Pathfinder, 2 handed firearms can be wielded in one hand with -4 penalty to hit. So yes, you can.
To reload you must be a musket master (reload is free action combvined with rapid reload/paper cartiridges). But you need a third arm to reload while dual wielding (both hands are full).

Arbane
2011-09-30, 12:00 PM
Play a 3.5 Warlock, and just say that the muskets are the FX of Eldritch Blast?

NNescio
2011-10-06, 04:24 PM
Hmm... just came across the Spellslinger archetype for Wizards. That would fit rather well for Mami. Dancing muskets ahoy!

Terazul
2011-10-06, 04:57 PM
But you need a third arm to reload while dual wielding (both hands are full).

Or Gloves of the Master Strategist. Free Action Store, Reload one as a free action. Free Action retrieve, repeat with the other one. Pretty sure it's the same as enabling dual hand crossbow shenanigans.

Akisa
2011-11-08, 02:29 PM
Or Gloves of the Master Strategist. Free Action Store, Reload one as a free action. Free Action retrieve, repeat with the other one. Pretty sure it's the same as enabling dual hand crossbow shenanigans.

Sweet, where is that item from so I can try to get my hands on it?