PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect Problem

Maxios
2011-09-29, 11:40 PM
I just installed Mass Effect on my computer (it's a Windows XP). It's a disc copy, as in, not a copy from the EA Store or Steam. Anyway, whenever I try to boot it up, I get this message:

The game can not start
There seems to be a problem contacting the lisence server. Ensure your internet connection is active and try again a few minutes.

The thing is, my internet connection is active. Why am I getting this message?

TSED
2011-09-30, 12:12 AM
The disc version uses (or used) a limited install system via SecuROM.

It's quite possible their authentication server's been taken down, or went down for a little while, or they have patched the previously mentioned system away and somethingsomethingsomething technogobbley happened?

Maxios
2011-09-30, 09:58 AM
The disc version uses (or used) a limited install system via SecuROM.

It's quite possible their authentication server's been taken down, or went down for a little while, or they have patched the previously mentioned system away and somethingsomethingsomething technogobbley happened?

I hope the authentication server isn't down. I'll try the game again later. If it doesn't work, should I install a Crack for it?

warty goblin
2011-09-30, 10:22 AM
It also might be worth checking your firewall.

Maxios
2011-09-30, 10:40 AM
It also might be worth checking your firewall.

I just tried again, firewall disabled. And it didn't work.

Edit: I uninstalled the game. I am now going to reinstall it.

Philistine
2011-09-30, 10:59 AM
They may have patched that check out and taken down the auth server. In that case, you might need to manually patch the game. Really, though, your best bet for questions of this nature are the game's official tech support forums.

Maxios
2011-09-30, 11:02 AM
They may have patched that check out and taken down the auth server. In that case, you might need to manually patch the game. Really, though, your best bet for questions of this nature are the game's official tech support forums.

Do you have a link to the tech support forums?

Philistine
2011-09-30, 11:30 AM
Not from my phone, no. Have you tried www.bioware.com or www.masseffect.com?

Dublock
2011-09-30, 06:11 PM
have you tried using a patch yet? I know there is one for masseffect, as I recently (ok...back during spring break) installed it and I needed to patch it before I could play, although due to a different error

Maxios
2011-09-30, 09:06 PM
I fixed the problem :smallamused:

Starwulf
2011-09-30, 10:45 PM
I fixed the problem :smallamused:

What was wrong with it?

Maxios
2011-10-01, 11:22 AM
What was wrong with it?

The problem wasn't with the game. It was with the launcher. By going into Mass Effect's files, I could manually start the game without using the launcher.