PDA

View Full Version : Ooze Possession?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-29, 11:41 PM
I made a homebrew monster a while ago. It was an intelligent ooze that was allergic to sunlight. To keep itself safe, in a humid, moist and completely dark environment, it would crawl into people's bodies and take over.
It's natural acid meant that none of the bodies lasted long.

Now I'm working on an ooze PC and I'm wondering if there is a similar ability anywhere. I would rather not use my own homebrew monster for this PC.

Is there anyway for a PC to crawl inside of an NPC and control them?

Thanks.

Ayedi_Star
2011-09-30, 04:36 AM
I made a homebrew monster a while ago. It was an intelligent ooze that was allergic to sunlight. To keep itself safe, in a humid, moist and completely dark environment, it would crawl into people's bodies and take over.
It's natural acid meant that none of the bodies lasted long.

Now I'm working on an ooze PC and I'm wondering if there is a similar ability anywhere. I would rather not use my own homebrew monster for this PC.

Thanks.

One of your better, first options would be to look at modifying a Fiend of Possession in some way - at the very least it should provide you with a few ideas on how the rules can work for this kind of thing.

Failing that, I'm not aware of any kind of parasitic domination monster, so other playgrounders will have, hopefully, better information on that.

one of the first steps would, I think, be modifying an engulf / grapple to make it non-lethal, then the ooze sinking into the helpless (and thus willing) target for a dominate-like effect.

Valdor
2011-09-30, 05:26 AM
I believe that the Cancer Mage has an ability that enables them to possess others. Away from books right now so not completely sure

Darrin
2011-09-30, 06:11 AM

Yes. Polymorph into a Tsochar (Lords of Madness) + Assume Supernatural Ability (Savage Species).

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-30, 06:23 AM
The Puppeteer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/puppeteer.htm)

Xerinous
2011-09-30, 08:34 AM
Well the Intellect Devourer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/intellectDevourer.htm) crawls into things, eats their brains and takes over. Not really viable as a PC, though, +6 and all that.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-30, 10:14 PM
The hellwasp swarm can crawl inside and control people, and slowly kills them to boot.

Zagaroth
2011-09-30, 10:25 PM
mmm, IDs are fun monsters. I terrified a group of PCs into NOT attacking. By accident. First you template out a troll, extra big and nasty looking. Then you have it's brain eaten by the ID (hey look! a fresh growing supply of food, and the body remains good!).

When the party bursts into the lair of the "troll", describe the scene of this over sized, monstrous looking troll... that smiles evilly as it calmly closes the book it was just reading.

The smart characters pretty much all went for the barbarian and grabbing him before he could say 'I charge it'. It was excellent.