PDA

View Full Version : Undead-based Cleric PrC?

Rhaegar14
2011-09-30, 05:56 PM
Title pretty much covers what I'm looking for. Are there any undead-based PrCs for evil Clerics that are actually more effective than Cleric 20?

mootoall
2011-09-30, 06:31 PM
Title pretty much covers what I'm looking for. Are there any undead-based PrCs for evil Clerics that are actually more effective than Cleric 20?

I think that Bone Knight is meant to be one of these.

HunterOfJello
2011-09-30, 06:32 PM
Bone Knight is pretty cool for a melee oriented cleric that likes undead. It's on page 118 of Five Nations. It gets a number of cool abilities, but does lose 1 level of Cleric Spell Progression and would therefore be judged to be inferior to a pure cleric by some people.

As far as PrCs that are better than a pure 20 Cleric, there aren't many.

Hirax
2011-09-30, 08:29 PM
Tainted scholar from Heroes of Horror isn't specifically undead at all, but it approaches the motif. While not a prc, the mother cyst feat from Libra Mortis is pretty awesome. You grow a hunk of undead flesh within you (your choice of whether it grows in a visible fashion), and it gives you some pretty cool spells.

Rhaegar14
2011-09-30, 08:32 PM
Tainted scholar from Heroes of Horror isn't specifically undead at all, but it approaches the motif. While not a prc, the mother cyst feat from Libra Mortis is pretty awesome. You grow a hunk of undead flesh within you (your choice of whether it grows in a visible fashion), and it gives you some pretty cool spells.

Looked at Tainted Scholar earlier. It specifies arcane casting or invocations... not compatible with Clerics.

Urpriest
2011-09-30, 08:33 PM
Master of Shrouds (Libris Mortis) is great if you can get in early-ish (cleanest way is with a level of Church Inquisitor). Lets you summon a bunch of incorporeal undead, which can really play havoc with most monsters at low levels.