PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for Effigy Master

Deathslayer7
2011-09-30, 11:41 PM
Is there any way to qualify to become an Effigy Master?

I'm wondering if there is any way I could be a warmage and still qualify for it.

Thanks in advance.

Specifically the part about being to cast simulacrum.

Demons_eye
2011-09-30, 11:55 PM
Requirements
To qualify to become an effi gy master, a character must fulfi ll
all the following criteria.
Skills: Craft (leatherworking, metalworking, or woodworking)
10 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks, Spellcraft
5 ranks, Use Magic Device 2 ranks.
Feat: Craft Wondrous Item.
Special: Must have the simulacrum spell on a class spell
list, whether or not the character is able to cast it.

Just have it on your list. Dip wizard for a level or cleric with the envy domain.

Strormer
2011-10-01, 12:11 AM
The fastest, and from what I know the only, way to easily qualify for this with a warmage is to throw one level of multiclassed sor/wiz in the mix. The prereq only says that you have to have it on a class spell list and in face openly states you do not have to be able to cast it. Honestly enough, though, the warmage is a rather poor fit for the effigy master. Just based on the abilities you gain the effigy master favors a back row caster with the effigy as a bodyguard rather than the warmage's front lines blaster.
Still, if you're basically picturing an arcane ranger with a construct companion then this could be a fun build. Remember to pump up your creations with augmentations as take the Armored Caster feat at or after warmage 9 so that you can cast in heavy armor. You'll be a beast.

Edit: Curses, ninja'd.

Deathslayer7
2011-10-01, 12:23 AM
I know I could dip, but is there any other way without dipping?

Zaq
2011-10-01, 12:35 AM
Arcane Disciple (Envy) should do the trick.

Deathslayer7
2011-10-01, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure if I know where Envy comes from? :smallconfused:

Zaq
2011-10-01, 12:54 AM
Spell Compendium. Dunno where it came from before that (probably Dragon, since I don't see it in Complete Divine or BoVD, where I'd expect it).

Strormer
2011-10-01, 12:58 AM
And there I stand corrected. I didn't even know envy. ^_^

Acanous
2011-10-01, 01:01 AM
If your warmage is high enough level to cast 7th level spells, there's a feat somewhere that adds a spell from another spell list to your own spells known. Says in the description it was made so sorcerors could have more spells known, and wizards could take cleric/druid spells. Trying to remember the dang name, sorry I'm not much help :/

Deathslayer7
2011-10-01, 01:10 AM
casting 7th level spells is a bit too high for my taste to go into effigy master. But thank you all for your help. Worst case scenario is that I dip Wizard.

Cieyrin
2011-10-01, 12:52 PM
If your warmage is high enough level to cast 7th level spells, there's a feat somewhere that adds a spell from another spell list to your own spells known. Says in the description it was made so sorcerors could have more spells known, and wizards could take cleric/druid spells. Trying to remember the dang name, sorry I'm not much help :/

Extra Spell is what you're thinking of, though the taking from other lists bit is contested by the FAQ, however much stock you put into that publication. You also have to be able to cast a spell 1 level higher, so it's not necessarily the best method when Arcane Disciple causes less fuss.

Hague
2011-10-01, 08:48 PM
Do Wujen have Simulacrum on their list? Might be worth it to pick up the extra metamagic and the free initiative reroll.

Psyren
2011-10-01, 10:36 PM
Do Wujen have Simulacrum on their list? Might be worth it to pick up the extra metamagic and the free initiative reroll.

Seems like they don't (in my CArc at least.)