PDA

View Full Version : 3.PF Disguise and bluff help

iDesu
2011-10-01, 01:16 AM
So I'm currently building a character for a 3.PF game and I need to get my bluff as high as possible. Currently I've got my bluff at a +23 modifier and my disguise at +25 before disguise self and +35 afterwards.

Since I need to keep my characters true origin hidden from everybody including the party are there any ways that I've missed that should help the two. Party is average ecl 8 and going with PF monster as character rules I have 7hd and 4 class levels.
Skill total and bonuses are
Disguise +35 = 11 ranks + 7 cha + 3 class skill bonus + 2 circumstance + 2 synergy + 10 disguise self
Bluff +23 = 11 ranks + 7 cha + 3 class skill bonus + 2 synergy.

When I can I intend to cast persisted glibness to get an additional +30 to bluff

Edit: Whoops must've deleted my question while changing things, thanks for the heads up HunterofJello. So what are some good items and feats to help raise my bluff and disguise.

HunterOfJello
2011-10-01, 02:07 AM
First of all, I have one small suggestion for the future. It's good to pose a question in your posts, preferably at the end of the post, so that other people on the boards know specifically what you're asking for. That way everyone can be more effective in finding ways to help you better. It's also good to post what gp you have available and what your current class and level are.

~

If you are good-aligned then the Nymph's Kiss feat is a good one to grab. It's in the Book of Exalted Deeds and gives:

1. +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-based skill checks.
2. +1 bonus on saving throws against spells & spell-like abilities.
3. +1 skill point per level, starting at the level you grab it.

~

The Circlet of Persuasion is a good item to grab. It gives a +3 competence bonus to all charisma based checks for 4500gp.

The Mask of Lies also sounds like your type of item. It gives a +5 competence bonus to Bluff and your alignment is constantly disguised as if someone cast Undetectable Alignment on you. It can also be used to Disguise Self three times per day. (It's worth noting that competence bonuses don't stack, so the Mask and Circlet together give +5 to bluff, not +8.)

The Wink Brooch is a cheaper alternative to those other items for when you're at lower levels. It only costs 600gp and gives a +2 competence bonus to Bluff or Diplomacy three times per day.