PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wordcasting

Corvorik
2011-10-01, 01:05 PM
Hey all,

A few months ago some friends and I gave 4th Ed a try, but our DM moved over the summer and took his books with him. So we elected a new system, Pathfinder, since one of our member's parents had some books, and an new DM, or in this case GM, which was me. I'm looking forward to it and know the the core rules pretty well, but the other day the party's sorcerer was asking me about Wordcasting. I looked it over and it seemed pretty interesting, have a few questions.
- Do you think it will slow down the game having to constantly make new spells?
- Will this give them advantages or disadvantages against spell casting NPC's?
- Should I discourage the players (we're all pretty new to this), for using Wordcasting?

Thanks in advance for any support.

Corvorik.

navar100
2011-10-01, 01:20 PM
Since you are new, don't use Wordcasting. It is an interesting alternative system, but it's only supported, for now, within that book. Everything else uses the regular spellsystem. Play your first campaign. Get to know the rules. For the second campaign, have one player and DM thoroughly read up on Wordcasting. For the second campaign the player tries it out. If it works, great. If it doesn't work, fiat change the character back to a normal spellcaster.

Curious
2011-10-01, 02:35 PM
Obligatory link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205030

Make your player read this, and then make sure he understands the system before using it.