PDA

View Full Version : Taking core class levels after taking prc levels

Sojinator
2011-10-01, 02:56 PM
I'm not entirely new to D&D, but I was never quite certain about how to take core class levels after you've taken a full PrC progression.

For instance, if I were Cleric3/Wizard3/Mystic Theurge 10, and I wanted to continue taking levels in Cleric, how would I go about doing that? Since I would get +1 level of existing spellcasting class per level from MT, would I just pick up where I left off at Cleric 4, or would I gain spells as if I were Cleric 14?

I've looked around for an answer, but I haven't been able to find one. I hope this isn't a silly question to ask. In any case, any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hirax
2011-10-01, 02:57 PM
You'd take cleric level 4 and have spells as a 14th level cleric.

deuxhero
2011-10-01, 02:59 PM
Note: Core class means the PHB/DMG/MM1 classes. You mean "base class"

As for the casting, you opperate at the total, but remember, wizard 13/cleric 14 casting is terrible compared to a Wizard 17 or Cleric 17.

Sojinator
2011-10-01, 03:00 PM
Awesome, thanks! that's all I needed to know.

Sojinator
2011-10-01, 03:02 PM
DeuxHero, I know it's not anywhere close to an ideal build, I just needed a reference point for the question I was asking. Thanks again!

Strormer
2011-10-01, 03:04 PM
It is true that MT is nowhere near as optimal as solo Wiz or Clr, but still, make the character you wish to play, not the character that is the strongest. As an old Chinese man once said, fasting at the feast of power refreshes the spirit, or something like that.