PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Horror OotS homebrew

Howler Dagger
2011-10-01, 03:24 PM
Would i be allowed to post arkham horror homebrew based on characters from OotS.,which could include pictures of the charcters? An example would be an investigator (character) sheet of belkar.

Mordokai
2011-10-01, 03:56 PM
If you did the artwork yourself, I imagine that would be a-ok.

If you just c/ped Rich's work... not so much.

And just for the record, I am very interested in this kind of project. Which is, quite honestly, the only reason I bothered posting here.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-01, 04:12 PM
Another question: each character has a "story so far", would including matereial from on the origin of pcs (not the direct text though) and SoD be okay?
Edit: Could someone tell me how i could change a strange eons(the program i am using to make this) file into a different form such as a pdf file?

Mewtarthio
2011-10-01, 05:31 PM
Edit: Could someone tell me how i could change a strange eons(the program i am using to make this) file into a different form such as a pdf file?

Not familiar with Strange Eons, but if the output is designed to be printed (which I gather it is), you could just "print" it using a PDF creator instead of a physical printer.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-01, 05:48 PM
Not familiar with Strange Eons, but if the output is designed to be printed (which I gather it is), you could just "print" it using a PDF creator instead of a physical printer.

i dont have a pdf converter, and the free file converters i found dont support .eon files.

Mewtarthio
2011-10-01, 05:58 PM
i dont have a pdf converter, and the free file converters i found dont support .eon files.

So use a freeware virtual printer. If you can print it, you can convert it to a PDF with one of those.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-01, 06:12 PM
So use a freeware virtual printer. If you can print it, you can convert it to a PDF with one of those.

NVM, i figured out how to convert it to png with SE.

Roland St. Jude
2011-10-01, 06:49 PM
Sheriff: Given that you're looking to use the actual characters from the comic, getting Rich's permission would be advisable. He's given some permission for cameos and the like in the Fancomics section, but I haven't seen any similar permission for homebrew or gaming materials.

I'd advise against proceeding without permission.