PDA

View Full Version : Blurring vs Displacement Enhancement

gibbo88
2011-10-01, 07:41 PM
Which one of the two is better to enchant armor with? I mean in general utility and use, obviously the Displacement is better if you happen to have one combat lasting around 5 rounds/day.

Thanks for the help!

herrhauptmann
2011-10-01, 08:06 PM
I would humbly suggest a Smoking weapon for consideration. Lords of Darkness I think.
An inconsequential fort save that really only affects grappling enemies, and 25% miss chances that work all day. Just put it on some +1 Armor spikes and call it a day.

edit:
Of the two you asked, I'd say blurring is better. A total of 15 rounds per day. Takes a swift action every 5 rounds. Even if that is only 20%.
VS:
Just 5 rounds per day, using 1 swift action. At what, 50% miss chance?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-10-01, 08:19 PM
Cloak of Displacement, Minor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#cloakofDisplacementMinor) for a flat 20% concealment miss chance all day long?

gibbo88
2011-10-01, 08:23 PM
Bit out of my price range. Was just looking at spending the last 3k for my Favoured Soul/Church Inquisitor.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-10-01, 08:31 PM
Bit out of my price range. Was just looking at spending the last 3k for my Favoured Soul/Church Inquisitor.

Use-activated item of Blur or Displacement won't be *THAT* much cheaper...

Assuming you GM lets you get away with it, you're looking at Spell Level * Caster Level * 2k. Divide by 5 if it's only 1/day.

So, at a minimum, Displacement will be 3*5*2k/5 = 6k.

Blur is 2*3*2k/5=2.4k, so it might be within your price range. Just keep in mind that it'll only last for 3 minutes once a day.

If you're wanting it to be usable more than once a day, it gets... more expensive. Blur becomes 2*3*2k=12k for use activated unlimited use and Displacement becomes 30k.