PDA

View Full Version : What does my avatar look like?

pwning doodes
2011-10-02, 01:51 AM
See what your avatar actually looks like next to a post. Actually, mine won't even show up! :smallmad:

Serpentine
2011-10-02, 01:58 AM
You can do this just by posting normal content, and by looking at your own profile.
For why your avatar isn't showing up, there's a thread all about that in Board Site Issues.
Also, while I'm at it: you can edit your own posts rather than double posting.

pwning doodes
2011-10-02, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'm a noob, so I appreciate the help. I also didn't want to post a regular thing because if my avatar looks stupid, I want to know before I put it on posts.

Serpentine
2011-10-02, 02:07 AM
No worries. If you're new...
Don't forget the forum rules at the top of the forum menu page.
Arts & Crafts has places for custom avatars ('specially the Request an Avatar thread and the Avatar Adoption thread).
Board Site Issues has answers to lots of questions and issues.
And go ahead and introduce yourself in the Introduction thread here in Friendly Banter if you haven't already.

edit: Pfffft. Have you seen some of the avatars people have around here? :smalltongue:
To see your own profile, (iirc) click your name next to your post, and it should come up with "view profile". Click on that.

Rawhide
2011-10-02, 02:08 AM
You can view your avatar on any post you've ever made. It will be updated retroactively. You can also view it by clicking "Quick Links" then "My Profile".

Double posting (posting twice or more in a row) is frowned upon on these forums. If you wish to add something new and you were the last poster, you should edit your post.

I've looked at your settings. You've chosen "Custom" avatar but haven't included a URL to your custom avatar's location. You need to either include the URL to your custom avatar or change it to "Order of the Stick" to use an Order of the Stick avatar.

pwning doodes
2011-10-02, 02:11 AM
Oh, I get it. I wanted an OOTS avatar, but I chose Custom by accident. I changed it to OOTS, and it showed my avatar.

Rawhide
2011-10-02, 02:18 AM
Thread has served its purpose, so I'm going to close it.