PDA

View Full Version : op-ing a jarmain monk

bassmasterginga
2011-10-02, 02:09 AM
a newish player in my group made a jarmain monk 6 (+6 wis +6 dex -2 con -2 int -6 str - 6 cha tiny size). I was wondering if anyone had any good feets/items for such a fellow. It is in a tier 3-4 party , btw, so dont worry. I was thinking that since the fellow almost always hits with his 2 attacks (+13 each) maybe an item effect that applies something on hit would be good... he has 4 cha 4 str 8 int 12 con 22 dex 24 wis AC27 with feet choices weapon finesse and extra stunning fist.

PS I know the monk sucks so skip that part of your reply :smallamused:

HunterOfJello
2011-10-02, 02:13 AM
how much damage this is character actually do per hit?

bassmasterginga
2011-10-02, 02:15 AM
how much damage this is character actually do per hit?

lol 1 plus 1-6 fire from wraps. and he has 10 dc 20 stunning fists which i think is the point. id imagine a tank/debuff cc sorta fellow.

Gandariel
2011-10-02, 02:20 AM
ninja is a good class for jermlaire: it has both Rogue and Monk stuff, but it uses weapons.
you can solve the problem of doing low damage with the Sneak attack, and do a lot of fun stuff

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-02, 02:26 AM
Rattlesnake Strike from Sandstorm delivers poison that deals Con damage (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + Wis bonus) for a Stunning Fist use. I'd skip using his Flurry of Tickles with it since you can only activate it for one attack/round. He could get Ability Focus (MM) and Virulent Poison (SS) for that for +4 DC at the cost of two feats.

Bracers of Lightning (MIC) add the Shock property to any weapon you use, including unarmed strikes. Its effect only lasts 1 round, but it's a swift action to activate and there's no limit on how often it can be used.

Maybe go Spirit Shaman into Sacred Fist, get Produce Flame (and Lesser Rods of Extend) which would add fire damage to every unarmed strike as per holding the charge on a touch spell.

Leadership for a cohort who can cast (Wand of) Polymorph.

Should have gone Druid or maybe Wild Shape Ranger into Master of Many Forms/Warshaper.

HunterOfJello
2011-10-02, 02:31 AM
Going into a poison class of some sort could provide a number of benefits. There's a poison handbook around here somewhere.

Zaq
2011-10-02, 02:32 AM
Seems like he's already mostly doing this, but I'd focus entirely on Stunning Fist and related effects (like the already mentioned Pharaoh's Fist, Rattlesnake Strike, and so on), since the DCs will be respectable and your damage isn't going to matter anyway.

Also, pick up Sand Dancer (It's Hot Outside). It's got a WIS-based save DC, so you might actually do something with it, especially if you can stack the "loose soil? Y/N" situation in your favor somehow.

turkishproverb
2011-10-02, 02:43 AM
a newish player in my group made a jarmain monk 6 (+6 wis +6 dex -2 con -2 int -6 str - 6 cha tiny size). I was wondering if anyone had any good feets/items for such a fellow. It is in a tier 3-4 party , btw, so dont worry. I was thinking that since the fellow almost always hits with his 2 attacks (+13 each) maybe an item effect that applies something on hit would be good... he has 4 cha 4 str 8 int 12 con 22 dex 24 wis AC27 with feet choices weapon finesse and extra stunning fist.

PS I know the monk sucks so skip that part of your reply :smallamused:

Allow them a pounce with Flurry of Blows, and give them their Wisdom mod. as an attack bonus.