PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Leadership feat

bytbyt
2011-10-03, 05:25 AM
Is it possible for more than one person in a party to take it? I'm asking because I've noticed a few prestige classes that ether require it or give it as a bonus feat.

Xiander
2011-10-03, 05:27 AM
Of course it is possible. The feat does not make you leader of the group, it simply allows you to have loyal followers.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-03, 05:31 AM
To put it simply, Leadership doesn't make you leader of THE party, it gives you your own party. Sure, another character two levels lower than you and a bunch of low level mooks may not seem like a party, but that's why you need to get . . .creative.:smallamused:

TroubleBrewing
2011-10-03, 05:33 AM
I encourage multiple people to have it. Cohorts are great for things the players shouldn't have to do for themselves. They make for excellent "passive" character archetypes, like designated healers, disposable meat shields, tanks, etc. That way, the players have much more dynamic and interesting roles.

noparlpf
2011-10-03, 06:15 AM
One of the DMs here dislikes the Leadership feat, but then, he discourages the use of familiars, animal companions, or anything else that gives you more than a single character to control. He would not be happy to see some of my healers become cohorts.
Suddenly, with a single feat, I'm able to both deal out ridiculous damage AND heal ridiculous damage. And I don't even optimize that much; I like low tiers better because they're simpler. My healer is a Healer and my melee is usually a Barbarian or similar.