PDA

View Full Version : Concussion Mage (3.5 Prestige Class)[PEACHy]

gooddragon1
2011-10-03, 02:06 PM
Hit Dice: d4

Requirements:

To qualify to become a concussion mage, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Skills

Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks.

Feats

Spell Focus (Evocation).

Spells

Ability to prepare and cast 2nd-level arcane spells.

Concussion Mage
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells Per Day

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Concussion Blast|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class|

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Intuitive Aim|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class|

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Shielding Adept|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class|[/table]

Class Skills

The concussion mage’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at Each Level

2 + Int modifier.

Class Features

All the following are Class Features of the concussion mage prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

Concussion mages gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Spells per Day/Spells Known

When a new concussion mage level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, except for an increased effective level of arcane spellcasting. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming an concussion mage, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Concussion Blast (Ex)

The concussion mage can spontaneously create several blasts of force as a standard action at medium range (100 feet + 10 feet per caster level) by sacrificing a number of prepared spells (0 level spells count as half of a 1st level spell). The blast fills 4 5 foot cubes and deals 1d6 * the effective caster level of the user (maximum multiplier is 2 per spell slot used to create the blast and may not exceed the effective caster level of the creator (a 9th level spell slot sacrificed by a character with an effective caster level of 17 would only have a multiplier of 17)). A reflex save may reduce this amount by half but the minimum amount of damage that may be dealt by this ability is 25% of the initial damage that would be dealt. No single target may be affected by more than one blast per use of this ability.

Intuitive Aim (Ex)

The concussion mage may create his concussion blasts in any area he specifies regardless of whether or not he has line of sight or line of effect to that area (he must still be in medium range however). Furthermore, The concussion mage may add his intelligence modifier on all ranged touch attack rolls he makes when aiming a spell.

Shielding Adept (Ex)

The bonuses to armor class of the concussion mage's mage armor and shield spells increase by 2, are treated as deflection bonuses (which stack with each other), and the spells each last for 24 hours when he applies them to himself (or their normal duration if that is longer).

Eldest
2011-10-03, 08:23 PM
Intuitive Aim (Ex)

The concussion mage may create his concussion blasts in any area he specifies regardless of whether or not he has line of sight or line of effect to that area. Furthermore, The concussion mage may add his intelligence modifier on all ranged touch attack rolls he makes when aiming a spell.

As that reads to me, if you know where something is, you can create a blast there. So now Scry and Die is even more effortless.
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that, just taking the worst possible interpretation and running with it.

Yitzi
2011-10-03, 08:30 PM
Shouldn't this require spell focus (evocation) rather than conjuration? Force effects (particularly offensive ones) are almost always evocation, not conjuration.

gooddragon1
2011-10-03, 09:43 PM
Shouldn't this require spell focus (evocation) rather than conjuration? Force effects (particularly offensive ones) are almost always evocation, not conjuration.

Yep, wrong one on my part.

As that reads to me, if you know where something is, you can create a blast there. So now Scry and Die is even more effortless.
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that, just taking the worst possible interpretation and running with it.

It still retains the within X range (I'll change it to medium range though).

I also nerfed the ability to require multiple spell slots to determine its power.

Eldest
2011-10-03, 09:51 PM
Ah. I don't think the range was mentioned.

gooddragon1
2011-10-03, 09:54 PM
Ah. I don't think the range was mentioned.

It was, but I wonder, is this class something a character could take for their 3rd level or do I have to reduce the requirements for that?

jojolagger
2011-10-04, 12:40 PM
This plus abjurant chapion gets +11 from Mage armor.
Which is very powerful.
And it would stack with full-plate.

Hanuman
2011-10-04, 01:08 PM
Just not seeing it.

Sculpt spell dude, full array of spells to use with it =/