PDA

View Full Version : Request: Martial Lion of Talanasid

pilvento
2011-10-03, 04:07 PM
Fellas, in an brand new campaing im playing a wildshape ranger/socut/warshaper and for the last 10 lvls i want to play a nice PRC and i love the Lion of Talanasid from exalted deeds but its a full casting PrC and of course thats its best feature.

So my DM agreed to make an adaptation to that PrC so it can be more martial oriented and no casting.
Removing 10spell casting progresion is big so i have to make or add Features/bab/hit die to compensate

My chose so far is to add the enhanced features from the daggerspellshaper (daggerclaws and enhanced wildshape)

whats your opinion on it, what are your sugestions? first time im making a PrC here at the forum so if you can also give me a hand with the table it will be a nice add to the post.

Zakaroth
2011-10-03, 04:31 PM
A standard layout for making a PrC can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212998) (See second post, in the spoiler)

The first thing that came to my mind is granting it maneuvers from the Tiger Claw discipline (found in Tome of Battle). Than just make some synergies between the maneuvers and the whole Lion of Talanasid theme.

Coidzor
2011-10-03, 08:08 PM
It progresses animal companion, right? Something that could be worked with there, perhaps giving a similar bonus as Beastmaster but requiring it to be a lion or other big cat to make it 10 from the lion of talisid levels + 3-4 from the big cat bonus +2-3 from ranger levels so it's somewhat relevant?

Or, perhaps it sets you to the equivalent of an X(say, 5th) level druid or sets your ranger levels as equal to druid levels retroactively and then progresses from there.

Hmm... Another thing, is if you're going ranger/scout anyway, maybe have it progress the swift hunter paradigm.

Probably can crib a few ideas from warshaper and nature's warrior as well.

pilvento
2011-10-03, 08:15 PM
Those are some options true, and btw i "martial" was not pourposed to mean ToB. i cant use in this setting thats why im not playing a warblade

Coidzor
2011-10-03, 09:32 PM
Those are some options true, and btw i "martial" was not pourposed to mean ToB. i cant use in this setting thats why im not playing a warblade

Setting? Rather than the DM never allowing it? Wiggy. :smalleek: