PDA

View Full Version : New Frontier

Quackenbush
2011-10-03, 09:22 PM
Greetings, fellow order of the stick-ophiles. On second thought, that sounds odd. Just hi. I'm attempting to put together a team of Pokemon (yup :smallcool:) that reflect the characters in Order Of The Stick. So far I have:
Roy, Machamp (fighter)
Belkar, pawniard (short and stabby)
vaarsuvius, reuniclus(it looks wizard-y, sort of)
haley, zoroark (red hair, dark/rouge, knows theif)
durkon, elektross (not really happy with this one, but it had to be an electric so it would learn thunder)
Elan, jigglypuff (singing)
celia, altaria (sort of fairy like)

xykon, marowak (because of the bones)
redcloak, weavile (it's greenish, dark, and has red on it)
tsusiko (I probably speeled that wrong), gothitelle (looks like her)
oracle: hypno (with forewarn and future sight, of course)
Mitd: snorlax (big monster)

I want to know: Does anyone have any other suggestions, or changes to what I have? I would really appreciate it!:smallsmile:

ZerglingOne
2011-10-03, 11:07 PM
Marowak is a physical sweeper (kind of a lousy one at that*)... Xykon is closer to Mewtwo given his power/moveset given Mewtwo can learn many moves. Plus Mewtwo attempted to take over the world at one point.

Plus, I'd be more a fan of Mismagius for V Edit: ESPECIALLY because you can't tell what gender it is by looking at it.

more edit: Durkon should be something out of the magne- line (Magnemite, magneton, magnezone) imo. They're all steel/electric type.

*thick bone makes it stupidly powerful...

Hbgplayer
2011-10-04, 12:51 AM
Cool idea, but It. Must. Be. THE FIRST TWO GENERATIONS!!!!:furious:
Everything after has just been absolutely ridiculous!
:roy:= Machamp, I agree
:vaarsuvius:= Were she evil (or male) I would say one of the ghost pokemon, such as gastly or gengar... :smallconfused:
:belkar:= Meowth
:durkon:= Electabuzz
:elan: = psyduck! Mostly idiotically useless, occasionally powerful, (almost)
I got IT! :vaarsuvius:= Charzard! Useful (When they care to pay attention), fire type (think explosive runes), and can fly
:haley:=pidgeotto; powerful, sneak attacks, fast, and not hard on the eyes
:mitd: = Snorlax. Eats endlessly, sleeps.
:xykon:=Mewtwo, I agree with ZerglingOne
:roach:= Cyndaquil, small and fiery
:thog: Wobbufett (should I switch with Elan's?)

Celia= Mew.
Oracle: Abra

veti
2011-10-04, 06:52 AM
Durkon should surely be a Ground type. (Digs, vulnerable to Leaf types...)

I don't know of any ground type that can learn electric moves, but how about Swinub? Weather powers make a reasonable substitution for electric.

For V, I agree Mismagius seems the obvious choice. Even the colour scheme isn't too far off.

For Haley, I would think a Dark type would be appropriate. Consider Umbreon (if you insist she has to be cute), or Cacturne (pin missile, aversion to flying types).

Hironomus
2011-10-04, 09:15 AM
I Eelektross does seem like a very poor choice for Durkon. I'd recommend either Electivire (appears to have a beard of sorts) or Magnezone (it's bald).

As for Varsuvius I'd like to make the suggestion of Starmie. Not only is it one of my personal favourites, but it is a sweeper which is arguably what Varsuvius is (fast and focused on blasting), It matches His/her colour scheme and most importantly its genderless.

I think the others are mostly well picked, but remember for elan there are other music themed pokemon like Exploud, Chatot and kriketune.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-04, 10:45 AM
Am I the only one who was confused by the title? I'm not sure if it is related to Pokemon, but I thought the topic judging only by the name would be about new areas of the OotS world they'd go once they find/blow up Girard's Gate. I'd hate to nitpick, but couldn't it have been something more clear (like "OotS characters as Pokemon").

Hbgplayer
2011-10-04, 02:32 PM
Am I the only one who was confused by the title?

I was too.

Quackenbush
2011-10-04, 06:26 PM
you guys are right, actually...how do I change the title?
And yes, DEFINITELY Mewtwo for xykon. And Mismagius is pretty good for v too. Cyndaquil for the roaches, but I think I'll keep zoraork as haley. Thanks for the ideas, and keep 'em coming!

Hbgplayer
2011-10-18, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the ideas, and keep 'em coming!

And so dies the thread. :smalltongue:

KillianHawkeye
2011-10-18, 08:52 PM
MitD should be Unown, because we could all do with more puns, right?

RIGHT?? :smallsigh:

Darth Hunterix
2011-10-19, 02:53 PM
The first time I saw Sabine's wings I thought: "Zubat! Go!".
So I add it to the list :)

Also, since I already logged in:
Belkar: Scyther - two blades, green, not quite tall.
Z: Jynx - different clothing, but dark skin, white hair and psychic powers make perfect match
Thog: Primeape - guess why :)

veti
2011-10-19, 05:10 PM
I see Thog as a Munchlax.

And Nale would be one of those really really really annoying little critters that is completely useless in itself, but still manages to keep causing you status problems so you have to waste a berry or waste time running back to the Pokemon Centre. Something like Oddish, or Parasect.

Gift Jeraff
2011-10-19, 05:12 PM
Qarr as Meowth and Thog as Wobbuffet, so they can do the Team Rocket motto with Sabine and Nale.