PDA

View Full Version : AVB - Korlak Hammerbeard

Rizban
2011-10-04, 01:19 AM
androgial and his DM(s) Only!
Anyone else caught reading this thread will be
broken down for parts and used to build a better,
stronger, faster, and cheaper dire mouse trap.http://www.mornproductions.com/AvB/PCKorlakHammerbeard
Just ignore this link. It's only here for DM quick reference.1
The wall around the Nobles' Quarter is some 30 feet high and built on a natural rocky outcropping some 10 to 15 feet in height. A small natural cliff gives way to a road sloping up to the gate, branching off to the left from the main road on which you're walking. Though the gate is open, there is no traffic to speak of traveling through it.

androgial
2011-10-04, 09:21 AM
Korlak

Korlak drives his wagon up to the gate sure that such a defensible position will be guarded. Along the way he notes whether the workmanship was dwarven or not.

Rizban
2011-10-05, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry. I forgot to subscribe to your thread.When you turn off of the main road with your wagon, you are immediately stopped by several guards.

"Halt! You must present proper identification before traveling any farther with your vehicle."

The architecture does not appear to be dwarven.

androgial
2011-10-05, 04:40 AM
Korlak

Korlak halts. He sets his axe down and says: (dwarven)"My common is way to rusty. You had better get someone whom can translate."

Rizban
2011-10-05, 06:04 PM
The guard taps on his amulet.

(dwarven) "Alright, say that again, please."

androgial
2011-10-06, 11:04 AM
Korlak

Korlak smiles and looks over the amulet.(Dwarven) " No need now that someone is here whom can translate. My common is very rusty. My name is Korlak Hammerbeard of the newly established hammerbeard clan of dwarves. I am here in this fine city to establish an embassy, which will also serve as the clans trading depot with your fine city. It is estimated to take 50 years to build and set up such a venture in your fine city. And that's including making the money to build my city of mithral later."

Rizban
2011-10-06, 01:24 PM
The guy just kind of blinks at you.

"So... Just to get things straight, you've created your own nation and want to build and embassy trading post?"

androgial
2011-10-07, 08:24 AM
Korlak

(dwarven)" That's the real short version, lad. There's a clan chiefs daughter and a full council of the dwarven lords involved as well but that is my concern only."

Rizban
2011-10-07, 12:43 PM
"Still, without proper identification and authorization, I can't allow you into the Nobles' Quarter. If you can get legal authorization from the dwarven nation and apply for legal entry, I'm sure you'll be granted an audience."

Rizban
2011-10-13, 05:14 AM
{Nudge...}

androgial
2011-11-02, 12:19 PM
Korlak

(dwarven)"hmm. you mean that paperwork thing you humans are fond of. Right then I can make the forms in triplicate, one for the council one for your king and one for me, in a year at 10,000 gold per page and at 2 thousand pages will take a full year and cost you 20,000,000 gold plus expenses for the cost of verification, with witnesses, of authenticity and living expenses during that year. are you absolutely sure you want the official paperwork on this? Korlak looks rather bored as if knowing he is going to have to do that paperwork anyway.

Monodominant
2012-02-24, 08:25 AM
I was looking through old threads and found this one...

Dont suppose Androgial you are still interested in this? Same applies for Rizban...

And if Rizban cant handle any more PCs I know hustlertwo is itching for more PCs...

Rizban
2012-02-26, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry. I never saw this last update... It was made almost a month after I last posted here, and the forum never notified me.