PDA

View Full Version : Showerheads question

Castaras
2011-10-04, 02:50 AM
Yep, random question time! :smalltongue:

Right, I'm at University, and in a corridor (of sorts) with 6 other people. We have 3 bathrooms between us, and are supposed to share bathrooms with one other person only. However - only one bathroom has a shower.

Now, the question I have: is it possible to get a showerhead that plugs into taps like the ones below without doing any permanent changes to the bath? Or are there only ones that plug into the middle of a tap (which is the sort of taps we don't have).

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sw/swirl-contemporary-bath-tap-pair.jpg

Manga Shoggoth
2011-10-04, 03:39 AM
Yes, indeed - they have been around for ages, but are less common now as bathrooms tend to have fitted showers now.

It consists of a hose with one or two (depending on the number of taps you need to connect to) suction cups on one end, and a shower head on the other.

The last ones I brought were from Robert Dyas, but most hardware places should sell them (B&Q and Homebase are probvably worth a try).

Castaras
2011-10-04, 03:44 AM
Ah, awesome! I had looked in the homebase near the uni and not found any... might try online. Thanks very much. :smallsmile:

Brother Oni
2011-10-04, 06:07 AM
Argos has them if that helps (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8329721/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CBathroom%7C14418043/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418043%7CShower+accessories%7C14418054.h tm).

factotum
2011-10-04, 06:32 AM
Make sure your hot tap isn't *too* hot when you're using these, though, or you'll tend to leave bits of rubber from the shower thing all over the tap...

Elder Tsofu
2011-10-04, 06:34 AM
Yep, random question time! :smalltongue:

Right, I'm at University, and in a corridor (of sorts) with 6 other people. We have 3 bathrooms between us, and are supposed to share bathrooms with one other person only. However - only one bathroom has a shower.

Up until here I thought it would be one of these logical puzzles. Well, at least I got to know about that strange contraption in the post above.

Castaras
2011-10-04, 07:34 AM
Argos has them if that helps (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8329721/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CBathroom%7C14418043/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418043%7CShower+accessories%7C14418054.h tm).

Beautiful. And cheap. Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

@Elder Tsofu: That'd be a cool logic puzzle. Hmm. "How many people can you expect to want a shower each day, and at what times?" :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Brother Oni
2011-10-04, 09:58 AM
Beautiful. And cheap. Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

No problem. I figured price would be a primary concern for a student. :smallbiggrin:

I remember my first flat which also didn't have a shower, but the hot water tank didn't have the height to give any decent water pressure out of that attachment, so I had to kneel to take a shower.

Keld Denar
2011-10-04, 10:43 AM
Its not logic, so much as logistics...

Orzel
2011-10-04, 12:43 PM
You need a hose that connects to an aerator. Or an aerator coupling that would connect to a shower hose. If it does have a end like that...

Or a shower hose with a twin conn...

Oh

*goes back to selling faucets*

ShortOne
2011-10-05, 03:55 PM
ALRIGHT I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO TELL SOMEONE THIS FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS

So there's a showerhead company whose slogan is "Buy it for looks. Buy it for life." And every time I see a box from that showerhead company (i.e. every time I go to the bathroom at a friend's house) I think about how many more showerheads they could be selling of only they changed their slogan to "Buy it for style. Keep it for life."

there's nothing unrelated here, go back your business, soldier

Orzel
2011-10-05, 04:24 PM
ALRIGHT I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO TELL SOMEONE THIS FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS

So there's a showerhead company whose slogan is "Buy it for style. Buy it for life." And every time I see a box from that showerhead company (i.e. every time I go to the bathroom at a friend's house) I think about how many more showerheads they could be selling of only they changed their slogan to "Buy it for style. Keep it for life."

there's nothing unrelated here, go back your business, soldier

Is that Moen you are talking about? Their slogan is "buy it for looks, buy it for life."

Working in the plumbing industry for a couple years has taught me that Moen makes money just fine. There only problem is being located in Ohio. I kid, Ohio. Don't be so touchy.

ShortOne
2011-10-05, 04:36 PM
Is that Moen you are talking about? Their slogan is "buy it for looks, buy it for life."

Working in the plumbing industry for a couple years has taught me that Moen makes money just fine. There only problem is being located in Ohio. I kid, Ohio. Don't be so touchy.

Fixed. And yeah, it's Moen.