PDA

View Full Version : How to gain more natural attacks as Warshaper? (Pathfinder)

Mockingbird
2011-10-04, 12:00 PM
Hi, I'm playing in a pathfinder campaign right now as Warshaper, in Pathfinder. I'm trying to maximize the amount of damage I can do. In the core rulebook in pathfinder, it says that you do not get natural attacks based on your Base Attack Bonus, instead you get them for how many body parts you have that could make a natural attack. My DM allows me to make three attacks in a full attack action, but I'm trying to find ways of making more. Any ideas?

riddles
2011-10-04, 12:19 PM
Pick up improved unarmed strike. Bam, yuo get your iteratives. Also, you're a warshaper, RAW you can grow more weapons

Coidzor
2011-10-04, 12:23 PM
What's your access to materials? Is Warshaper the only thing you're getting from 3.X?

Mockingbird
2011-10-04, 12:38 PM
What's your access to materials? Is Warshaper the only thing you're getting from 3.X?

I'm playing as a Hexblade, converted to pathfinder-
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgsxfnsp_6hc8d69gj

If I can somehow get to be a Cabinet Trickster, I'm going for that.

Mockingbird
2011-10-04, 12:42 PM
Pick up improved unarmed strike. Bam, yuo get your iteratives. Also, you're a warshaper, RAW you can grow more weapons

Are you sure that will work? I mean, it says in the rules, flat-out that warshapers do not get iteratives. And natural weapons are different from unarmed strikes. Could you link me to a page that says this or something? (My DM is a bit of a rules lawyer.)

SamBurke
2011-10-04, 12:44 PM
Barbarian Beast Totem gets you claw, Nat Armor, then Pounce. Also, there's a bite attack.

Coidzor
2011-10-04, 01:07 PM
Are you sure that will work? I mean, it says in the rules, flat-out that warshapers do not get iteratives. And natural weapons are different from unarmed strikes. Could you link me to a page that says this or something? (My DM is a bit of a rules lawyer.)

That's just with their natural weapons, which never get iteratives except in 3.5 with the Rapidstrike feat. Unarmed strikes are a special case.

If your DM is a rules lawyer and doesn't know this, then he needs to re-read all of the text about natural weapons if he managed to forget that detail. Like, for reals.

MeeposFire
2011-10-04, 08:09 PM
Careful PF is unlike 3.5 in that PF can not keep straight whether unarmed strikes are natural weapons or not. The unarmed strike entry says they are not natural weapons (despite the fact that they are in 3.5 with special rules) but then that is contrasted by things like magic weapon that says that fists are natural weapons.