PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Changeling's shapeshifting ability

Mockingbird
2011-10-04, 01:08 PM
Hi, I'm playing in a campaign as a Changeling, and I'm trying to maximize the shapeshifting ability they have (minor change shape at will, to whoever doesn't know.)
I've taken levels in Warshaper, allowing me to grow natural attacks.
Anyway, I'm trying to build the character primarily off of shapeshifting and fear. I'm 6th level, two warshaper, four hexblade (this conversion, https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgsxfnsp_6hc8d69gj )
The campaign is supposed to take us all the way up to 20th level, so I've got plenty of time, assuming I don't die. My feats are Deceitful, Power Attack and Multiattack. Since I have well over a +10 bonus in Bluff and Disguise, Deceitfull boots those two skills up to 24 each.
I'm planning on taking Improved Unarmed Strike to gain iteratives w/ natural attacks, and both quick change feats to shapeshift as a free action. I'm going to take warshaper up to level four, and then I don't know what I'll do with my character after that. Any ideas for my character? They would be much appreciated. :smallsmile:

Kol Korran
2011-10-04, 04:51 PM
sure, you could go the melle brute way, but i always thought that the changeling's shtick was infiltration, replacing people, playing on trickery and the like.

a good book to look into is Races of Eberron, who has a whole section on changelings, and quite a few helpful items, feats and the like. if you ARE into infiltration, than the racial rogue substitution levels are a wonder. (10 skill points/ level? take 10 on social skills? yes please!)

also, a question- who does deceitful boost your skills up to 24? i thought that it just adds +2 to those skills...

good luck!

noparlpf
2011-10-04, 05:27 PM
You might like to take Beast Strike--you add slam or claw damage to your unarmed strikes. So you make your iterative UaS attacks based on your BaB, and add your slam and claw damage to each(maybe take Superior UaS to boost damage a bit more), and then make secondary attacks with all your natural weapons. Improved Multiattack will take the penalties on all of those down to -0. I was also going to suggest Rapidstrike, but you don't qualify, so nevermind.

Mockingbird
2011-10-05, 02:51 PM
also, a question- who does deceitful boost your skills up to 24? i thought that it just adds +2 to those skills...

good luck!

In Pathfinder, if you have 10 or more ranks in either of those, Deceitful changes to +4.