PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Making "Malfeas x She Who Lives in Her Name" A Plot Point

Leliel
2011-10-04, 01:41 PM
Well, after reading a bit of Exalted crossover fiction, I've decided that, as a possible continuation, to explore the relationship between the Yozis, their traitorous creations, and how they view themselves as a subplot.

Now, it's almost-slightly-canon, that the Principle of Hierarchy's southern spheres get suspiciously damp when thinking about Malfeas, but I also want to showcase it for how tragic it is; She desperately wants her King to cuddle her and say he loves her, without a trace of bitterness, resentment, or self-loathing, but he's incapable of doing that, since he's metaphysically egocentric and oblivious to other views-not to mention the fact that his basic emotions are rage, jealousy, and self-loathing. It's why she doesn't remove the free will of her demons, in my canon-she wants to, but Malfy wouldn't like that-not as much as Isidoros, but he'd still find making subjects incapable of serving you of their own choice creepy-so she doesn't.

Except, not only that, but I want it so that part of the reason she's so obsessed with winning his unconditional affections is that he used to be able to do that, and did-but the death of his secondary fetich (forgot his name, sorry) removed his ability to be a wise king as well as a strong one, and with it, his ability to be truly happy with what he is-and with that, his ability to view other people as something more than useful rivals. This is my fanon reason for why SWLiHN lost her temper when she was put in what she viewed as a temporary state of imprisonment-she was able to deal with the knowledge she was stuck inside the worldform of the one she loved, it was the realization that Malfeas had been rendered forever unable of loving her back-that the king that once danced with her as she made her way across Creation's skies and would whisper to her that she would always be his Queen was gone, replaced by a bitter, sad, and angry shell that couldn't look at her without being reminded of everything he lost. The fact that she snapped out of her catatonia to go into a suicidal frenzy directed at everything that had hurt her before she was sealed is remarkable in and of itself.

It's also why she's so loyal to him, to the point of going against her prudence; She's been told that, if the Reclamation proceeds as planned, Malfeas being King of Creation again will trigger his memories of being the Wise King, bring back the Empyreal Chaos, and he'll kiss her, and say how sorry he was for acting so irrationally, and spend the next few nights with her relieving her angst in cathartic passion, with only a few angry behemoth children as a reminder of that horrible Hell business. Most times, she's able to convince herself that Orabilis has memory of telling her this, and that he didn't look suspiciously shadowy. Most times, the demons who would normally fall under her thrall don't hear a quiet sobbing instead of her sacred name, or look up to find that the fires in her spheres have dimmed, dripping with a mysterious fluid, that, when drunk, inundates the imbuer with a sense of utter hopelessness and fatalism. Most times, but not all.

But she always manages to fool herself into believing that Malfeas is capable of being healed again. She Who Lives in Her Name is nothing if not loyal.

So, in a game or a fiction, how would you hint at and play with SWLiHN's Love Martyr tendencies, if she has them?