PDA

View Full Version : Tenets of Bahamut

Adamaro
2011-10-05, 12:09 PM
I am "building" a temple of Bahamut for my campaign and I would like to know which principles would clerics of Bahamut support? What would be his "Ten commandments"? The more the better.

tnx:smallsmile:

hamishspence
2011-10-05, 12:16 PM
From Dragons of Faerun- the tenets of the Talons of Justice- a Bahamut-worshipping group of silver dragons:

Knights are expected to be pure of heart and deed, and to aid each other and the "small folk" that live throughout Faerun. They must seek out and try to convert the forces of evil, using violence only as a last resort. They pay homage to the Balancer (Lendys) Her Mercy (Tamara) and the Justicemaker (Bahamut).

The Code:

Justice and Good above all.
Honor and Fealty to the King.
Honor and Respect to Righteous Innocence.
Honor and Duty to the Balancer, to Her Mercy, and to the Justicemaker.
Honor and Protection to the Lesser Races.
Honor and Correction to the Enemies of Justice and Good.
Honor and Forbearance for Oneself.

LibraryOgre
2011-10-05, 12:59 PM
I'd say much as Hamish put it. I played a Paladin of Bahamut in a 4e game, and much of his play was marked by humility and compassion. His priorities were to save the innocent, not to punish evil, and he would give evil a chance to surrender... though he also would beat them with anvils, and used a massive hammer (this is before they got rid of a minotaur's ability to use larger weapons).

Finally died in a fight with duergar; we'd pushed too far, ran into a big fight, and so I briefly took the chief duergar hostage with a dagger at the throat so my party could retreat. When they returned to the fortress, they ran into a minotaur zombie, which they set on fire and dropped in a hole.

One of my best characters.

Mando Knight
2011-10-05, 01:44 PM
One of my favorite things about 4e is that its default god of JUSTICE! is Bahamut...

The basic tenets outlined in the PHB for 4e's default Bahamut are
-Uphold the highest ideals of honor and justice.
-Be constantly vigilant against evil and oppose it on all fronts.
-Protect the weak, liberate the oppressed, and defend just order.

LibraryOgre
2011-10-05, 01:56 PM
One of my favorite things about 4e is that its default god of JUSTICE! is Bahamut...

The basic tenets outlined in the PHB for 4e's default Bahamut are
-Uphold the highest ideals of honor and justice.
-Be constantly vigilant against evil and oppose it on all fronts.
-Protect the weak, liberate the oppressed, and defend just order.

Bahamut! What is best in life?

Protect the weak, liberate the oppressed, and defend just order!

Mando Knight
2011-10-05, 03:20 PM
Bahamut! What is best in life?

Protect the weak, liberate the oppressed, and defend just order!
To protect the weak, I must crush my enemies.
To liberate the oppressed, I will drive out the tyrannical scum.
And as I defend just order, all their women shall yearn for my righteous magnificence.

The Reverend
2011-10-05, 06:17 PM
I played a monk multiclassed with paladin of bahamut, took vow of poverty and dressed in a skin tight blue suit. aaah jumping from the top of a cathedral on top of a group of bugbears. They knew I was coming it took me full two rounds to fall that far, they just couldn't believe some mad man was dropping from on high onto their heads. The dm ruled I did charging damage on a flying kick.

SPOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!

Metahuman1
2011-10-05, 06:24 PM
I played a monk multiclassed with paladin of bahamut, took vow of poverty and dressed in a skin tight blue suit. aaah jumping from the top of a cathedral on top of a group of bugbears. They knew I was coming it took me full two rounds to fall that far, they just couldn't believe some mad man was dropping from on high onto their heads. The dm ruled I did charging damage on a flying kick.

SPOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!

There was a thread around here not long ago were someone wanted to hear cool/funny stories people had form playing D&D. This should be there.

Alleran
2011-10-05, 08:30 PM
To protect the weak, I must crush my enemies.
To liberate the oppressed, I will drive out the tyrannical scum.
And as I defend just order, all their women shall yearn for my righteous magnificence.
I find your ideas intriguing, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

SilverClawShift
2011-10-05, 08:58 PM
which principles would clerics of Bahamut support?

"Don't be killin none ah dem good dragons yo. I ain't play."

"Fo SHOW be killin dem evil dragons, no joke cuz."

That pretty well covers it!