PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Stats for Larvae

von Tortrix
2011-10-05, 01:32 PM
Hello,
I've read that the consequence of being killed by a Night Hag's 'dream invasion' (or whatever it is called), is that the target becomes a larva. But i can't for the life of me find the stats of these larvae! I also know that they are a kind of currency (or some-such) for evil extra-planar beings... Sooo.. does anyone know the stats of a Night Hag's Larva?

Thanks!

Big Fau
2011-10-05, 01:36 PM
Best I can think of is in FC1 or FC2.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-10-05, 06:06 PM
are they the size of regular larva? if so there probably have very low stats in everything and 1 hp.

dreaming psion
2011-10-06, 11:04 PM
Well, as far as I know, larvae were always treated as petitioners in the 3.X era. Looking in the ol' 3.0 manual of the planes, I see there's the petitioner template (p. 199-200). The characteristics of larva as petitioners for Hades/the Gray Wastes is obscurely tucked away on p. 108-109. If you do Pathfinder, I believe they are now petitioners of the Abyss and can be found under the petitioner template in Bestiary II. The Tome of Horrors Complete has a seperate monster entry for a reinvented (though very similar) take on the larva under "Abyssal Larva".

The most complete entry for the traditional larva as a separate monster would be the 2e Planescape Monstrous Compendium (second edition D&D- 1e was before my time so I couldn't tell you about that.)

As far as related monsters go, the third party 3.0 sword and sorcery studios monster book "Creature Collection II" also had a more advanced, CR 8ish Elder Larva monster in it IIRC. You may want to take a look at it if it's available if you want bigger (and marginally intelligent) examples of the larva 'species'.

von Tortrix
2011-10-07, 05:31 AM
perfect. thanks so much for the replies!