PDA

View Full Version : Helmed Horror and spells that hurt constructs

Morithias
2011-10-05, 02:53 PM
Next campaign i'll be playing an mad sciencetist chaotic neutral artificer who specializes in constructs and complex machines (A carbon copy of Agatha from Girl Genius). So I'm curious what these intelligent people think the best 3 spells to make it immune to are.

Disintegrate is one of the obvious ones. But what about the other two?

Helmed Horrors are immune to magic missile, everything constructs are normally immune to, and 3 spells picked at creation by the creator.

So any suggestions?

Tvtyrant
2011-10-05, 02:56 PM
Orbs get through the SR immunity thing. Also summons are actually very good versus golems.

nyarlathotep
2011-10-05, 03:02 PM
Orbs get through the SR immunity thing. Also summons are actually very good versus golems.

That is not what he was asking.

I'd say disintegrate, polymorph any object, and if you're really high level time stop so you can have your horror buddy act with you (at least if horror immunity works the same way it did in 2nd edition if not select your favorite non-targeting battlefield control spell).

Morithias
2011-10-05, 03:06 PM
That is not what he was asking.

I'd say disintegrate, polymorph any object, and if you're really high level time stop so you can have your horror buddy act with you (at least if horror immunity works the same way it did in 2nd edition if not select your favorite non-targeting battlefield control spell).

First two are very nice suggestions. Unfortionatly time stop is a personal spell in 3.5 that only affects the caster. Plus being an artificer i'm not likely going to be casting it all that often. Thank you for polymorph any object, that would be brutal to get hit by. 38k down the drain!

Kol Korran
2011-10-06, 07:50 AM
there is a 4th level spell in the Spell compendium (Deanimation ray?) which deals huge amounts of damage to constructs only. no save, no SR.
Also- Disable construct from Eberron Campaign setting.