PDA

View Full Version : Baleful Polymorph and dispell and force shapechange question

Baldin
2011-10-05, 03:57 PM
hello all,

I have a question about spells that have a duration of permanent and specially Baleful Polymorph.

If im correct spells with duration Permanent stay on forever but are still magical where spells with duration instantaneous are permanent as well but not magical after the initial casting.

My question then is can you dispell the first and second effect of baleful polymorph. (meaning a creature will be his own form and his own intelligence again.

If so can the church inquisitors special ability Force shapechange force a creature out of his baleful polymorphed state and thereby dispell the effect.

thanks in advance and cheers
baldin

Claudius Maximus
2011-10-05, 06:05 PM
If you dispel Baleful Polymorph, you dispel all of its effects. You can't partially dispel any spell.

Baldin
2011-10-06, 01:13 AM
So it is dispellable, so then the question or how does the church inquisitors Force shapechange work against this?

supermonkeyjoe
2011-10-06, 05:04 AM
Force Shapechange (Su): A church inquisitor of 6th level or higher can force a creature into its natural form. The church inquisitor must make a successful melee touch attack against the creature. If the attack is successful, the church inquisitor makes a caster level check as if casting dispel magic against the shapechanging effect. The church inquisitor’s +4 bonus on dispel checks (the Inquisition domain granted power) applies to this check. This ability
undoes the effect of alter self, polymorph, shapechange, and alternate form abilities, whether exceptional, spell-like, or supernatural in nature. The affected creature cannot change its shape again for 1d6 rounds. The church inquisitor can use this ability at will.

RAW it only applies to alter self, polymorph, shapechange and alternate form which seems rather limited, it's such a niche ability that I'd let it apply to baleful polymorph if I were DMing