PDA

View Full Version : Top Villains

dhusarra
2011-10-05, 04:40 PM
Wizard 5/Incantatrix 10/Mindbender 1/Fate Spinner 4
Probably well done, over and over, and never loses it's flavor. Telepathy, more metamagic than you can shake a stick at, and in the event some **** makes his save or gets past the miriad of defenses, you can say **** you to it several times per day. Snag the domain power from Pride, pick up Luck, and laugh as they try in vain to touch you. If you wish to take it to an even higher level, throw in Iot7V.

Wizard 3/War Weaver 5/Halruuan Elder 5/Legacy Champion 4/Incantatrix 3
The Ultimate Mage. We have unparalleled buffing capability, circle magic, access to all spells of all levels, a legacy item that insures against a number of things (constant feather fall, mind blank, cunning ability, water breathing, comprehend languages, telekinetic, displacement, plus an extra contingency effect) and is itself a Gem of Heavy Fortification. Adding in our +1 Eager Warning Shuriken, we will have a total of +19 Initiative before Dex or other spells. We can achieve a nice AC from our +1 Defending/+1 Defending runestaff (of spells we need but not all the time). All our slots that aren't going in the tapestry are level 20 slots, for uber DC's, and all our spells period are CL 40. And best of all, if a buff is too high to go into the tapestry because we don't want to lower it's slot, we can use metamagic effect to chain it to all our buddies anyhow. Free chain+reach spell for offensive tapestry capability.

Cloistered Cleric 3/Wizard 1/Mystic Theurge 2/Arcane Hierophant 2/Spelldancer 2/Fochlucan Lyrist 10
The big daddy. Bamboo Spirit folk, with at least 1 flaw, cheese the spell level requirement for MT, snag Initiate of Mystra, and watch the carnage. You have a fractional 16 BAB, dual 9's, and all the means of persisting or extending (or hell, chaining for party buffs) you'll ever need.

Human Bard 1 / Cleric 1 / Necromancer 1 / Mystic Theurge 5 / Dread Witch 1 / Nightmare Spinner 1 / Sublime Chord 2 / Dread Witch+4 / Nightmare Spinner +2 / Mystic Theurge +2

Domains: Charm, Death.
Feats:
[Human]: Dreadful Wrath.
[Level 1] Versatile Spellcaster.
[Level 3] Heighten Spell.
[Level 6] Free: Nymph’s Kiss suggested.
[Level 9] Free: Fell Frightening Suggested.
[Level 12] Free: Charnel Miasma suggested.
[Level 15] Free: Doomsong suggested.
[Level 18] Free: Requiem suggested.

who you think is the top of them as villain?mark them from 1-4.tell me other suggestions if you know...

Kaje
2011-10-06, 04:36 PM
Well, there's the classic Binder 1 / Archivist 3 / Divine Anima Mage 10 / Tainted Sorcerer 1 / Tenebrous Apostate 5.

Max your WIS. Take improved binding. Bind Naberius, maybe Buer, and one more that takes your fancy. Congrats, you now have all the free metamagic you want, and won't nothin be able to resist your spells. Plus super creepy.

hex0
2011-10-06, 06:06 PM
Anyone ever use a Scar Enforcer villian? :smallconfused:

DonutBoy12321
2011-10-06, 07:08 PM
Well, there's the classic Binder 1 / Archivist 3 / Divine Anima Mage 10 / Tainted Sorcerer 1 / Tenebrous Apostate 5.

Max your WIS. Take improved binding. Bind Naberius, maybe Buer, and one more that takes your fancy. Congrats, you now have all the free metamagic you want, and won't nothin be able to resist your spells. Plus super creepy.

Which class is Tainted Scholar advancing?

Kaje
2011-10-06, 09:20 PM
Tainted Sorcerer, not Tainted Scholar, progressing archivist, as it's the only spellcasting class it has.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-06, 09:23 PM
Spell To Power Erudite/Thrallherd

It has disposable minions. Two high level thralls and has any spell you feel like giving him. It works for most situations. :smallbiggrin:

Kaje
2011-10-08, 09:39 PM
Darnittall, i won't let this thread just die so soon. What do other people think about these builds? Honestly, i don't really know what all of them can do, even aftwer looking up the classes in question.

marcielle
2011-10-09, 04:08 AM
What about a crunchily weak villain that the PCs can't kill for story reason? Like a politically or socially important diplomacy based manipulator. It will rip right through most mid level optimizers.( in that they can't use the usual spells and swords fix everything and will actually have to RP and think)
I'm thinking a daredevil Jumplomancer celebrity type whose become so popular with the hobnobs that he's got them twisted around his pinky. If the PCs kill him, all the merchants will be banned from trading with them. To the meta player, loss of magic of magic mart is scarier than dying and just losing a level.

ClothedInVelvet
2011-10-09, 06:09 AM
Are we talking about villains that are hard for the PCs to kill? Other than a few differences, those will have many of the same characteristics as good PCs.

If we're talking about villains that will be very interesting for the PCs to play against (as Marcielle was aiming at), that's going to be a different vein.

I'm a fan of the villains that the PCs aren't aware are villains, or the villains that the PCs need to assist. Making my PCs to choose between helping the BBEG (doing something terrible; e.g. kicking puppies) or letting some larger evil occur is great. It makes them weigh their options and then look for a third option, one that hasn't been presented. And that's exactly what I want my PCs to do, jump off the train and forge out on their own.

marcielle
2011-10-09, 06:20 AM
I'm a fan of the villains that the PCs aren't aware are villains, or the villains that the PCs need to assist. Making my PCs to choose between helping the BBEG (doing something terrible; e.g. kicking puppies) or letting some larger evil occur is great. It makes them weigh their options and then look for a third option, one that hasn't been presented. And that's exactly what I want my PCs to do, jump off the train and forge out on their own.
Lol I like you. Book of Elder Evils has 2 good villains in that respect(not the evils themselves,some sympathiseable henchmen) and Heroes of horror has a literally unkillable one(he's a ghost that just comes back till you help him). I prefer villains where kill everything tilll it dies is the worst idea.

ClothedInVelvet
2011-10-09, 06:30 AM
Another fun one is something akin to Tucker's Kobolds but modified slightly.

Smaller, lower CR, more pathetic villains who are a complete pain in the rear to the PCs.

You thought curing the plague in the city would be a simple slew of cure diseases? That was before 12-year-old Max and his gang (who think you started the plague and are experimenting on the victims) found out where you're staying. Now your food is full of laxatives, your wizard can't sleep (read: refresh spells) because someone is banging pans together in the street, and poisoned caltrops are outside every door you exit.

I usually don't come up with solutions to problems like these. I'd rather see what the PCs will do.

marcielle
2011-10-09, 07:32 AM
Well, I woulda personally left the city and scried and fried the kids. But then again, I guess that's the lawful Neutral in me.