PDA

View Full Version : Lycanthropy.

Mockingbird
2011-10-05, 06:31 PM
How does this work if you're playing a lycanthropic PC?

TechnOkami
2011-10-05, 07:26 PM
You take some monster class levels I believe as a Lycanthrope (the range of hit die and LA depends on what type of animal you're basing yours off of) and you either get control over when you shift and don't shift, or you you are completely subservient to the moon when shifting. It really depends on what the GM allows you to do, but a la the SRD, you can attempt to shift and sometimes you are forced to try and stop yourself from shift.

Here's the SRD's spiel on Lycanthropes. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

Urpriest
2011-10-05, 08:28 PM
I'm guessing you're asking this question because you don't understand how templates and monster PCs work. There's a handbook in my sig that covers all that.

Optimator
2011-10-06, 01:01 AM
The sucky part is gaining the animal HD. ALmost as bad as humanoid HD.

Deimess
2011-10-06, 01:35 AM
Yes that unfortunately makes many lycanthropes unplayable. Some can be very good, however. I understand your pain though Mockingbird, I had to read the lycanthrope section many times before I understood it, and I still don't completely understand it :smalltongue:.

Cieyrin
2011-10-06, 12:48 PM
Yes that unfortunately makes many lycanthropes unplayable. Some can be very good, however. I understand your pain though Mockingbird, I had to read the lycanthrope section many times before I understood it, and I still don't completely understand it :smalltongue:.

Was a bit confusing when I made a Kobold Were-Dire Weasel some time ago but it's not really all that bad, honestly. Just go by the character creation rules included, not the applying the template, and you should be good.