PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Sewer

fizzybobnewt
2011-10-05, 10:48 PM
Edit: the point is now moot. You need to be a mod to delete a thread, right? You can delete this.

A game about growing plants in the sewer. Rimshot!
Wait, did I just misuse that word?
Anyway, I want ideas for "rooms" in the sewer. The game (I made it) is mostly about exploring the sewer, and my player has already gotten his plant everywhere. The "rooms" are really just sections of sewer. Some examples of rooms I've made:
1. Water falls from a higher room to splash on the floor and flow to the west and into a branching tunnel east. In the middle of the room some of the concrete has broken away and a seed has found a place in the soil below. (Starting place.)
2. On the ceiling are 3 of those aliens with the long tongues from Half-Life. The room hits a dead end on the east side where there is also a seed packet on the ground.
3. On the left a small trickle of water flows from the west into a large square hole in the ground. On the right two streams of water fall from one Portal into another endlessly.
4. Water flows (I'm overusing that word) from the west into a Portal to come out of the one on the ceiling of 3. The one on the floor of 3 is linked to one on the wall here; water splashes out of that, onto the floor, and into the floor Portal again. Was that clear?
5. On the right is a door spanning the pipe and a button to open it. Behind the door is a powerful laser aimed at a panel designed not to be destroyed by the laser. Behind that is a solid gold banana in a glass case.

Dark Herald
2011-10-06, 04:06 PM
This is really unclear. What context does this game have, what would appropriate obstacles be, what are the specific mechanics of the game?

fizzybobnewt
2011-10-06, 05:19 PM
Sorry. I mostly skipped that stuff because there mostly isn't that. No context except "You are a plant in the sewer. Grow! Explore!" and the only mechanics are about absorbing water, nutrients & light and using them to grow. The obstacles are any random thing you think of. So I intentionally kept it vague, because it is.
But, anyway, I no longer need this thread. So, never mind.