PDA

View Full Version : is there a class somewhere that is like a knight without the alignment restrictions?

gleith
2011-10-06, 07:03 AM
well, the title is what I'd like answered, as well as where it would be. also does anyone know where the feat that allows the rouge to obtain its levels worth of fighter lvl bonus feats? my dm told me about a character he made who made it to epic lvl and took that feat and ended up being a god because of it. I dont remember what its called or its book.

Knaight
2011-10-06, 07:05 AM
Somewhere like a knight: Warblade, focused on White Raven. Tome of Battle.

Rogue, Feats: There is a rogue variant that provides feats, called the Feat Rogue, its in Unearthed arcana. I'm not aware of a feat that gives a bunch of fighter bonus feats.

Tyndmyr
2011-10-06, 07:09 AM
Crusader is also worth looking into, IMO.

Note that the feat rogue provides feats instead of sneak attack die. It definitely doesn't give you one for every level.

And a feat you could take for bonus feats = class levels seems quite broken. I'm quite sure no such feat exists within official material.

gleith
2011-10-06, 07:13 AM
hmm... he cant remember where it was, though he seemed fairly certian it was in the epic lvl handbook. perhapse I misheard him I dont remember, it was just a curious question.

edit: it didnt give you feats for= to class lvl simply the bonus feats you would have gotten as a fighter of that lvl or something like that. it was also only available to rouges

also where is crusader?

Tyndmyr
2011-10-06, 07:18 AM
The SRD has a lovely list of epic feats that I believe include all the ones from there (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicFeats.htm), feel free to look for yourself.

gleith
2011-10-06, 07:32 AM
curses on my television for not allowing tabbed browsing... ill look when I am at a computer...

where is the crusader class located??

137beth
2011-10-06, 07:35 AM
Crusader is in Tome of Battle.

Knaight
2011-10-06, 07:35 AM
Crusader is also worth looking into, IMO.

Crusader has alignment restrictions. Or rather, an alignment restriction. You can't be true neutral.

candycorn
2011-10-06, 07:36 AM
Crusader, Warblade, and Swordsage are all from the Tome of Battle.

gkathellar
2011-10-06, 07:53 AM
For reference: the Crusader's various disciplines almost exactly duplicate a number of the knight's class features.

Person_Man
2011-10-06, 08:11 AM
For reference: the Crusader's various disciplines almost exactly duplicate a number of the knight's class features.

With the exception of Test of Mettle, which is the closest thing 3.5 D&D has to Aggro, and effects all intelligent non-mind immune enemies with a CR greater than or equal to your character level minus 2 within line of sight and effect. The closest equivalent is the Goad feat, which only effects 1 enemy within reach. Although I've always found that just roleplaying works fairly well too (insulting enemies, challenging them, threatening their families, etc).

skycycle blues
2011-10-06, 08:37 AM
I think this person is misreading Daring Warrior from Complete Scoundrel. The text on the table seems to indicate that Swashbuckler and Fighter levels stack to determine feats, but it actually just makes them stack to determine your Fighter level for the Weapon Spec feat chain.

Closest thing to that possible interpretation of anything that I am aware of.

gkathellar
2011-10-06, 08:47 AM
I think this person is misreading Daring Warrior from Complete Scoundrel. The text on the table seems to indicate that Swashbuckler and Fighter levels stack to determine feats, but it actually just makes them stack to determine your Fighter level for the Weapon Spec feat chain.

Closest thing to that possible interpretation of anything that I am aware of.

No. He's talking about the Feat Rogue. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue)

skycycle blues
2011-10-06, 09:51 AM
No. He's talking about the Feat Rogue. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue)

He's asking about a feat that grants feats. So not Feat Rouge.