PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Up My Bluff!

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-10-06, 05:53 PM
in an attempt to make a bluffing, feinting machine, I need some advice for upping my bluff skill.

currently:
Half Elf (Rogue Favored Class): +1/2 level to Feint + Gather Info checks
Rogue (Spy Archetype) : +1/2 level to all bluff checks EXCEPT feinting
Half Elf Skill Focus: Bluff, +3 (+6 after level 10)
Mask of Bluffing: +5 magic enhancement to Bluff (2,500 g)

Things I could have:
Deceitful: (+2 to bluff and disguise, +4 at level 10)
MOAR Mask of Bluffing: (could raise to +10 for another 7,500 g)

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head except the Glibness spell, which though great, doesn't do anything for my feinting.

Anything else I could sue to increase my Bluff/Feinting awesomeness?

Thanks in advance!

Kira_the_5th
2011-10-06, 06:52 PM
I hate to mention it as it's so obvious, but Improved Feint is probably a good start...

Curious
2011-10-06, 07:05 PM
Rake archetype gives you a +1 bonus to bluff every three levels.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-10-06, 07:11 PM
I hate to mention it as it's so obvious, but Improved Feint is probably a good start...

I have improved Feint... and its pre-req Combat expertise. whoa.

I was referring to what I needed to improve my bluff, not what I needed to feint... more bluff means more effective feinting.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-10-06, 07:14 PM
Rake archetype gives you a +1 bonus to bluff every three levels.

well, I have the Spy archetype, which gives bluff bonus equal to half of level, instead of a third of level (like the Rake arhcetype). so... aren't I better off as a Spy?

Kira_the_5th
2011-10-06, 07:32 PM
Alright, just making sure. It wasn't mentioned, the question of how to bluff and feint better. Anyway, if your group is playing with traits, there's the Fast Talker trait, which gives another +1 trait bonus to Bluff.

Curious
2011-10-06, 08:03 PM
Honestly, you don't need any more bonuses. There are very few classes that can get as many bonuses to sense motive as you have to bluff, so you are going to be succeeding on your feint checks pretty much 95% of the time. You're probably good.

Drelua
2011-10-06, 08:22 PM
There's also the Moonlight Stalker Feats from Ultimate Combat that give you a few bonuses whenever you have concealment, such as feinting as a swift action, so if you get a Cloak of Displacement, that gets pretty mean with Greater Feint to make them Flat Footed until their next turn.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-10-06, 10:13 PM
oh, I was also thinking a 1 level dip into wizard for various benefits... and a viper familiar. (+3 Bluff)

some cantrips, spells, bonus to will saves, and auto success with activated magic items would be sweet.