PDA

View Full Version : feeblemind followup

Major
2011-10-06, 07:35 PM
Any good spells to follow up a feeblemind with?

I don't care if it gives a save, my hitting their AC is nearly impossible, but my saves are crazy high. I can't find a spell that does either int, wis, or cha damage other than rays.

Wizard/sorcerer. Max spell level 7/

Would prefer something without an attack roll.

tyckspoon
2011-10-06, 07:49 PM
Ego Whip is the effect you want, but I have no idea if there's a spell equivalent of it anywhere. Not in the Spell Compendium, at least (there's a couple of ways to do Wis damage, but Feeblemind doesn't actually kill Wis.. if you're confident in your save DCs, tho, look up Phantasmal Assailants and Mind Poison.)

Major
2011-10-06, 07:52 PM
Limited wish, ego whip. Thank you :)

Urpriest
2011-10-06, 08:01 PM
Limited wish, ego whip. Thank you :)

I think Mental Pinnacle grants Ego Whip as well, just to widen your options.

Chilingsworth
2011-10-06, 08:17 PM
Well, if you figure out a way to cast (maybe from a UMD scroll?) a contigion spell, there's probably a disease that causes mental stat damage. Or commission glass orbs filled with inhaled int/wis/cha posion and toss them as a touch attack against the square.

Keld Denar
2011-10-06, 08:44 PM
Poison Spell Metamagic allows you to apply poison to a spell. Find something with Int damage and apply it to your spells.

Urpriest
2011-10-06, 08:59 PM
Poison Spell Metamagic allows you to apply poison to a spell. Find something with Int damage and apply it to your spells.

Come to think of it, that way you can do the whole thing in one action. Feeblemind+Poison Spell to take someone down.

Hirax
2011-10-06, 09:08 PM
As I recall, the problems with poison spell would be that you risk poisoning yourself with the poison, only injury or contact poisons may be used, and it can only be applied to melee touch spells. However, it has no level adjustment, so if you want to use it, it won't adjust the spell level at all, though it will still require you to pay for or obtain the poison. It's in Drow of the Underdark.

dextercorvia
2011-10-06, 09:54 PM
Memory Rot, Druid 5, SpC -- so you can emulate it with Limited Wish, so long as you didn't drop Evocation.

Edit: Summon Undead IV for an Allip

Love's Lament, Bard 3

Phantasmal Assailants, Sor/Wiz 2

Daftendirekt
2011-10-06, 10:02 PM
Or just do a STP Erudite and have Ego Whip AND Feeblemind.

Chilingsworth
2011-10-06, 10:13 PM

Where is the poison spell feat?

dextercorvia
2011-10-07, 07:01 AM
Where is the poison spell feat?

DotU page 51