PDA

View Full Version : Gravity-Themed Spells?

Kirion
2011-10-07, 02:04 AM
I'd like to make a character that messes around with gravity as his theme. Are there any spells/psionics out there that manipulate gravity?

erikun
2011-10-07, 02:09 AM
Reverse Gravity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/reverseGravity.htm), of course.

Beyond that, you could treat Mage Hand, Telekinesis, and Resilient/Telekinetic Sphere as gravity holding objects down/moving them around. Psionics has several different Telekinetic powers that operate similar to Telekinesis.

Andion Isurand
2011-10-07, 02:16 AM
False Gravity (sor/wiz 3, SpC 87)... lets the touched creature change the direction of its own personal gravity once per round as a free action

in effect walking up walls and on ceilings if it so desires

Ravens_cry
2011-10-07, 02:26 AM
Levitate is another spell that can be fluffed as gravity control very easilly.

ericgrau
2011-10-07, 03:54 AM
Miniatures handbook has undeniable gravity and mass undeniable gravity which remove creature(s) ability to fly.

There's a psionic feat up the walls that works similar to the false gravity spell, but it's more ninja style than changing which way is down.

Similar to levitate feather fall could fit the fluff. IMO full blown flight and telekinesis would be a cop-out though since they're more than up/down. And if you go into epic levels there's nailed to the sky.

Mostly I think it's time for some homebrew. For example: "Weight", transmutation, level 4, touch range, fortitude negates. Adds 20 pounds per caster level to the target. Characters may be encumbered (past a heavy load limits you to 5' movement as a full round action btw), weapons may become unwieldable, you can prop up a chair against a door and make it heavier, etc., etc. Other spells might be baleful false gravity, increase/decrease gravity, pocket planet (5+caster level foot sphere suspended in the air has its own gravity near the surface), create temporary ioun stone, etc.

Cespenar
2011-10-07, 04:19 AM
Gravity is one of the terms that can be stretched a lot, in situations like this.

I mean, casually looking at the first level wizard list, I can form connections in my head to: Shield, Hold Portal, Floating Disk, True Strike, Animate Rope, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Jump, heck even Enlarge/Reduce Person.