PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Playtest Services, The Return! Homebrew Playtest Services GO!

Darksword
2011-10-07, 10:18 AM
This thread is a few months coming. My 4e campaign has been coming to an end. Around a few months ago I saw this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194604). As soon as I saw that thread I decided I had a very good idea of where my next campaign was going.
Homebrew does need a lot more love; and playtesting. I would like to include as much homebrew in my game.

Homebrew races, homebrew base classes and PrCs, homebrew feats and skills, homebrew maneuvers, spells, powers, infusions, soulmelds, vestiges and utterances! Monsters; etc. Basically anything will be good. And homebrew items, magic and mundane of course.

Session number 1 will be next Saturday; starting level is 6, and the campaign is planning to go to epic level.
(Im having trouble formating the following ill get it picked asap
[CENTER]
I will give priority to people who can provide a sample NPC for their class, preferably of level 9 or 7, with tactics included. (Those of level 5-7 can more easily fit into parties and thus be tested simultaneously.) If you want me to test a PrC of yours, make an NPC with two levels in the class and who has met the requirements at the lowest level possible. Use the NPC wealth table on DMG page 127 and either the elite ability score array for simplicity, or 30 point buy.

As always, please state the source (or link it if it is online). :smallsmile:

NPC templates:
[size=4]Name
Race Class
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice
Initiative +X
Speed 30 ft
Armour Class X (+X Dex, etc), touch X, flat-footed X
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple +X/+X
Attack
Full Attack
Space/Reach 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks
Special Qualities
Saves Fort +X, Ref +X, Will +X
Abilities Str X, Dex X, Con X, Int X, Wis X, Cha X
Skills List only relevant skills
Feats
Treasure

[i]Spell list: Or maneuvers, psionic powers, etc. Mark readied maneuvers or prepared spells with an asterisk*.

Class Ability I:

Class Ability II:

Class Ability III:

Class Ability IV:

Or if you prefer (as in MMV):
Name, CR X
Type (subtypes) Class
Init +X; Senses darkvision/low-light/etc.; Listen +X, Spot +X
Languages
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AC X (+X Dex, etc), touch X, flat-footed X
hp X (X HD)
Fort +X, Ref +X, Will +X
Speed
Melee
Ranged
(add more if you have more than one melee or ranged weapon)
Space 5 ft Reach 5 ft
Base Atk +X Grp +X
Atk Options like special attacks in the other template
Special Action
Spell-like Abilities
Abilities Str X, Dex X, Con X, Int X, Wis X, Cha X
Feats
Skills List only relevant skills
Possessions
Ability I (X) List special attacks, abilities and class abilities here (also mark them as Sp, Su or Ex)
Ability II (X)
Etc.

Qwertystop
2011-10-07, 10:39 AM
I'd like someone to test any of the following from this page:
One with Nature
Earth Emanation
Spreading Maximize (in Metamagic Feats)
Upside Down (a Trait, but listed under Feats->Exactly Wrong)

One with Nature is supposed to be less powerful than Wildshape. Not sure what the best way to test it would be, since either way a Druid's spells are the critical feature.

Spreading Maximize would be tested on a Blaster-type caster.

The Earth Emanation should just be compared to other monsters of CR 4, and possibly of other CRs near that if it seems significantly more or less powerful.

Upside Down is just a Trait, put it where you want and see if it seems interesting/workable, and if it needs to be a Flaw or Feat.

Darksword
2011-10-07, 11:30 AM
All right excellent. I wil be able to use earth emanctation and one with nature right away. I am wll just use a norm npc druid with standard array and spells for the druids unless you have a specific build in mind :D.

Morph Bark
2011-10-07, 12:11 PM
I am Morph Bark and I approve this message.

Qwertystop
2011-10-07, 03:07 PM
All right excellent. I wil be able to use earth emanctation and one with nature right away. I am wll just use a norm npc druid with standard array and spells for the druids unless you have a specific build in mind :D.

The standard array and spells sounds fine. Thanks.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-07, 04:33 PM
You play 4e, right? If you could, use the following race
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211764

If you want to do 3.5, could you try my chaos warrior?
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206613
I didnt get alot of feedback on those, so it would be great if they could see play.

DracoDei
2011-10-07, 04:50 PM
I have a lot of homebrew, so if you could tell me (by PM if you are paranoid about your players) what you will need FIRST, it would help me decide what to post here first.

Andion Isurand
2011-10-07, 05:23 PM
My homebrew blog (http://andionisurand.blogspot.com/) is always available, test anything you like.

Darksword
2011-10-07, 05:40 PM
Alright nice. Depending on if I get the stat bloack ready Ill use the chaos mage. I pmed you drac and Ill post the basis of that postlater when I decide how best to phrase it without giving to much away/

Garryl
2011-10-07, 10:17 PM
Here are links to the things I submitted but weren't tested yet.

Medic (ECL 7) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11790945&postcount=144): Healing spellcaster. Use as support for other NPCs or monsters.
Mindknight Paladin (ECL 4-6) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11140801&postcount=120): Psionic Paladin. The one statted up is Good-aligned, but you can make one of any alignment with little difficulty. You may need to tweak the powers slightly to fit with the different primary mantle, though. Or just fudge it.
Generic Martial Adept (ECL 4-6) using Meta Discipline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10893239&postcount=83): A multiclassed martial adept using a homebrew discipline that combines and enhances maneuvers from other disciplines.

And, while we're on the subject, here's an Amlenstakata (CR 8) (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12824), a fast-moving, ToB-using, souped up displacer beast.

Darksword
2011-10-09, 02:36 PM
MindKnight and Healer are defiantly in!!!! The martial displacer beast will be used soon cuz I like it alot awesomeconcept with all of them exctied to use them :D

flabort
2011-10-11, 11:16 PM
So, I made a build for my base class, The Stormblade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215596). It's an 8th level build, using the Elite Array.

Gregory Snakesfoot

Profesional Bountyhunter and mercenary. Gregory is smaller than you'd expect a warrior to be. Smaller than you'd expect a goblin to be, too. Still, he takes advantage of this. He has learned how to move fast, shoot fast, and hit fast. He has earned a reputation, as being able to shoot fast enough to almost guarantee two hits, even within the time it takes for a normal archer to draw and shoot one arrow.
He acts as the local law enforcement for a certain small human village when he doesn't have a job. The local residents accept him, and sometimes house and feed him, for the protection he offers. This village is the one the PCs just arrived in. And after that barfight, Greg's not too happy...

Goblin Stormblade 8
small humanoid (goblinoid)
Hit dice 8d8+16 (52 hp)
initiative +3
speed 40 (including fast movement, below)
Armor Class 17 (+1 size, +3 dex, +3 armor), 14 touch, 14 flat footed
Base attack bonus/Grapple (+6/+1)/+0
Attack shortbow +6/+6 (1d4) or shortbow +10 (1d4)
Full Attack shortbow +7/+7/+7/+2 (1d4)
Space/Reach 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks Storm Strike, Barrage (+4d6), Stormy Blow (Opportunist, Bonus Feat), Rain Strike
Special Qualities Fast Movement, Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +3
Abilities Str 6, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
Skills Balance +14 (11 ranks), Escape Artist +9 (6 ranks) Hide +7 (0 ranks), Jump +3 (5 ranks), Listen +6 (5 ranks), Move Silently +7 (0 ranks), Ride +7 (0 ranks) Spot 7 (6 ranks), Tumble +14 (11 ranks)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot (B), Precise Shot, Run, Shot on the Run (B (Stormy Blow)), Manyshot (B)
Treasure +2 small Shortbow, masterwork small studded leather, Arrows (100) 1,190 gp.

Storm Strike: At this level, storm strike grants an additional attack each turn at a -1 penalty to all attacks made that round. The attack may be made as part of any action, but if not made in a full attack, that's another -3 penalty to all attacks this round.

Barrage: At this level, Gregory gets +4d6 damage to all attacks he makes in a round after the first. This damage is not multiplied on a critical hit, and is only applied if the target is within one range increment.

Stormy Blow: Gregory gets two options from stormy blow. He chose Opportunist at 4th, and a bonus feat at 8th. Opportunist works as the Rogue Ability, letting him make an AoO against an opponent who has been struck for damage by another character in melee.
He can only use that ability once per round, though, even if he had Combat Reflexes.

Rain Strike: when Gregory falls 10 feet or more into an enemy's square, if he doesn't take damage from an attack of opportunity against him, he gets an extra free attack against this enemy, as a free action.

fast movement: We all know the drill, Gregory has 10 feet faster base movement.

tactics
Gregory will start by getting within 1 range increment, but not within melee range. He fires off two shots in this round, because he moved and only has a standard action. He may make the first shot a Manyshot, since the point in the class at which he gets many shot states he can replace any normal attack with a manyshot. If he's in 30 feet, he also gets to use point-blank shot. This gives him +3/+3/+7 that round. He may also use these attacks during shot-on-the run, meaning he can move away again after three attacks.
In further rounds, he will either move out of melee range, and fire the same pattern, or stay still and shoot, gaining him +4/+4/+8/+8/+3 if he uses manyshot, and point blank. He applies barrage damage to all but the first, 4d6 extra damage per attack, for 3d4+8d6+3 damage if he moves (and hits all three times), or 5d4+16d6+5 if he stays still (and hits all five times).
If his health drops too far (25 or less), he will move out to the furthest point of his first range increment, and fire just one shot a round at +10. If it drops below 10, he'll use his run feat, and get away as fast as possible. His hide is more important to him than any reward.

So, ranged attack spammer, with a nice amount of bonus damage (if he hits, he gets quite a few penalties to attack from doing all those extra attacks).
Can also do two or three attacks a round, outside a full attack. even during shot-on-the-run.

Darksword
2011-10-15, 08:16 PM
First game was today Ill post a review of the homebrew I used either some time soon or Ill combine and post thisweek and next wekk

DracoDei
2011-10-15, 09:36 PM
Here is a level 6 inquisitor to lead opposition (If it actually comes to a fight: largish numbers of Commoners and/or a FEW of the city watch/militia, AKA 3rd and lower level warriors, mixed in) to oppose the party (or change the alignment and swap the appropriate SLA's and make him a local ally). Note that this is an NPC class, which is why he needs the re-enforcements if it comes to a fight.... or maybe not, since Overt Heroics DOES allow a bit of "Going Nova"... Nah, at those levels it isn't enough. I don't have my DMG with me, so you might have to tweak his equipment as I may have given him too much.

Margok Hagman
Human Guardian of Hearts (Lawful Evil)
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice 6d6+6/18 (27 hp, 39 hit-points if using Overt Heroics)
Initiative +3 (-1 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed 30 ft
Armour Class(Normal) 9+Dodge Feat(-1 Dex), touch 9+Dodge Feat, flat-footed 9
Armour Class(Fully Equiped) 15+Dodge Feat(-1 Dex, +4 chainmail, +2 Large wooden Shield), touch 9+Dodge Feat, flat-footed 16
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple(Normal) +3/+3
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple(Overt Heroics) +6/+8
Attack(Normal) Cold Iron Dagger +1 +4 melee (1d4+1, 19-20) OR Masterwork Heavy Crossbow +3 Ranged (1d10, 19-20)
Attack(Overt Heroics) Cold Iron Dagger +1 +9 melee (1d4+2, 19-20) OR Masterwork Heavy Crossbow +6 Ranged (1d10, 19-20) OR Masterwork Cold-Iron Two-Handed Sword +9 melee (2d6+3, 19-20)
Full Attack Cold Iron Dagger +1 +9/+5 melee (1d4+2, 19-20) OR Masterwork Heavy Crossbow +6 Ranged (1d10, 19-20) OR Masterwork Cold-Iron Two-Handed Sword +9/+5 melee (2d6+3, 19-20)
Space/Reach 5 ft/5 ft
Special Qualities Aura, Detect Law (At-Will), Detect Good (At-Will), Moral Champion 1/year, Divine Concealment, Aura of Courage, Inspired Proficiency.
Saves Fort +7(+12 while under Overt Heroics), Ref +5, Will +11
Abilities Str 10(14 will under Overt Heroics), Dex 8, Con 12(16 will under Overt Heroics), Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 16
Skills Diplomacy +9, Gather Information(Cha) +9, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +5, Intimidate +11, Knowledge(Religion) +5, Listen(Wis) +7, Sense Motive +11, and Spot +7
While under Subvert the Invader he also has (when not suffering the -2 total penalty for his armor and shield):
Bluff +9, Climb +6, Disable Device +9(including the +2 for his MW thieves tools), Hide +5 , Move Silently +5, Open Lock +7(including the +2 for his MW thieves tools), and Swim +6(ACP doubled)
Feats Dodge, Skill Focus [Intimidate], Improved Initiative, Skill Focus[Sense Motive]
Treasure Masterwork Thieves Tools, Cold-Iron Dagger +1, Large Wooden Shield(Not Normally Carried), Cloak of Resistance +1, Masterwork Chainmail (Not normally worn), Masterwork Cold-Iron Two-Handed Sword (Not normally carried), Masterwork Heavy Crossbow (30 normal bolts, 20 Cold Iron bolts, 10 Alchemical Silver Bolts, 3 Adamintine Bolts)

SLAs: By virtue of his class Mr Hagman may cast Detect Law at will, and Detect Good at will.

Aura(Ex): Mr Hagman has a particularly powerful aura of Law and Evil, as if he were a 3rd level cleric of a lawful evil god (see the detect evil spell for details).

Moral Champion(Ex): Once per year Mr Hagman may gain one of the following benefits:
Subvert the Invader: For the next 6 days he gains a +6 competence bonus to Bluff, Climb, Disable Device, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, and Swim. During this period he may use them untrained in that period. This version of this ability may be activated as a Full-Round action. (See also Divine Concealment)
Overt Heroics: BAB changes to Full, Fortitude saves to Good, and gain benefits (but NOT drawbacks) of Barbarian rage for 6 minutes. He is fatigued for 24 hours afterward. This version of this ability may be activated as an immediate action. (See also Inspired Proficiency).

Divine Concealment (Su): While under the effects of Subvert the Invader Mr Hagman gain the effects of Undetectable Alignment.

Aura of Courage (Su): Mr Hagman is immune to mundane fear. Each ally within 10 feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against mundane fear effects. While his moral champion ability is active, this also applies to magical fear. This ability functions while the guardian of minds is conscious, but not if she is unconscious or dead.

Divine Grace (Su): Mr Hagman gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

Inspired Proficiency (Ex): Once per activation of Overt Heroics, Mr Hagman may gain proficiency in a single martial weapon for the duration of the overt heroics. (Obviously, he is going to choose Two-Handed Sword if he has that with him.).

Suggested use:
He doesn't like non-lawful or good people in his town, and uses his influence (or even authority?) to drive them out, and/or foil their plans (within the bounds of his own alignment). If there looks like there is likely to be trouble and it wouldn't tip his hand or take more time than he feels he has, he will go home and get the rest of his equipment (not his sword if he has already used Subvert the Invader).

Darksword
2011-10-23, 12:37 PM
Sorry for lack of response I have still been around just havent post.
Thier wasnt a game yesterday due to the fact that tihe game group went to an amazing power metal concert instead lol.

Now about last week game
Qwertystop:
One with nature: Its was fairly balance as an npc foe. But it would be extremely weak as a pc. It gave the party a decent fight because it was in a forest and could animate max hd. It wasnt verstile enough to last a longer fight might as well as a reoccuring or pc. The druid with One with nature was fighting the party with some monsters and 2 other druids one with wild shape and the class feature from phb2. The druid with one with nature was not as strong. I would not make it stronger but I would add some other feature to balance it out. If you want more info just pm with specifics.

Earth Emanation:
This was a fun monster I loved making it change sze to take advangte of the situation of the battle. It would be awesome to use it with advanced hd somethin around hd25 for max size. Now it was fairly balanced against the party however as a cr 4 mosnter way overpower. Adjust the cr to something around 6 or 7.

Dralnu
2011-10-23, 04:48 PM
Would you mind testing out either my indigo trickster or z fighter? I'll whip an NPC of any level you'd like for them. They're hard for me to eyeball because of their unique mechanic.

I also have a CR 7 NPC in my Hand of Rhyxali if you'd like to try that out too. Not a high priority for me though because I think I know how he'd pan out already.

All 3 brew are in my sig.

Darksword
2011-10-23, 05:56 PM
I would love to playtest those. The hand of Rh... wouldnt be as useful right now but laer. I would love o use the indigo trckerster and the zfighter soon. Level 7 foes would be good.

The-Mage-King
2011-10-23, 10:00 PM
Mind testing my Barrier Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177861) for me? It should work out around the same power level as the Dread Necro and Beguiler, but... Theory v. Practice, and all that.

Darksword
2011-10-31, 12:37 PM
Expect a review of several items either later this week or next weekened. And keep the hoembrew coming. :D

TravelLog
2011-10-31, 01:30 PM
I'd love to see my Kensei of the Five Rings (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219086) looked at.

Darksword
2011-11-02, 08:04 PM
The kensai for sure will be playestested as soon as i write up the stas. (as ive sead before providing the an npc maens they will get played alot faster.)But i will try to get these played asap.

flabort
2011-11-02, 08:16 PM
which ones have gotten tested so far?

I have a PrC for the Base Class I asked you to test, but I don't think I want to ask you to test the PrC until the Base Class is tested. :smalltongue:
Oh, yeah, and since it's a dual progression, you might want the author of the other class's permission, too, if you want to try the PrC.

TravelLog
2011-11-02, 09:03 PM
The kensai for sure will be playestested as soon as i write up the stas. (as ive sead before providing the an npc maens they will get played alot faster.)But i will try to get these played asap.

Awesome. Thanks for the testing.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-11-03, 08:36 AM
I'd love to see how the Madspark Eccentric (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127043) plays out, although it might need to be an NPC ally in order to actually use its abilities without just getting rolled (it definitely won't work as a single enemy).

As far as villains go, I'd adore having someone give me some critique on the Siedkona of the Iron Bands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136589), although using one of those as a one-shot baddie is, in my mind, a waste of the potential plot behind the class. If you're interested I can write up a stat-block, but the Seidkona is really only BBEG appropriate (due to the world-altering nature of the Fey vestige binds), and I don't really want to run away with your plot. :smalltongue:

Oh...and the Whimsycap Toadstool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124916&postcount=12), although you'll need a group of them in the midst of another encounter to challenge PCs of that level.

TravelLog
2011-11-03, 09:03 AM
I'd love to see how the Madspark Eccentric (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127043) plays out, although it might need to be an NPC ally in order to actually use its abilities without just getting rolled (it definitely won't work as a single enemy).

As far as villains go, I'd adore having someone give me some critique on the Siedkona of the Iron Bands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136589), although using one of those as a one-shot baddie is, in my mind, a waste of the potential plot behind the class. If you're interested I can write up a stat-block, but the Seidkona is really only BBEG appropriate (due to the world-altering nature of the Fey vestige binds), and I don't really want to run away with your plot. :smalltongue:

Oh...and the Whimsycap Toadstool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124916&postcount=12), although you'll need a group of them in the midst of another encounter to challenge PCs of that level.

Does this mean you're adding more Fae Vestiges? Calooh! Callay!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-11-03, 09:11 AM
Does this mean you're adding more Fae Vestiges? Calooh! Callay!

Not necessarily...it's a lot of work to do a set of balanced, thematic vestiges. But if anyone is actually planning on running a Seidkona in a game and contacts me about a specific vestige idea that, if I make, they will use? That's inspiration enough to make it. :smallbiggrin:

However, I've been bored lately, so we'll see...it would give me a good reason to repost my favorite piece of homebrew ever...:smalltongue:

Darksword
2011-11-06, 03:18 PM
All right quick review time. As allways if you want more indepth review please pm me; this is only the scratch beging.
MindKnight
Is balance. It plays as one would expect it. Personaly it is a bit stronger then the paladin, but not by much. The bit of extra strength comes from the fact that it can choose its can choose different alignments; thats not to huge of of a true advtange;well in play its not reallyone at all. The other advatnge comes from the fact that they qualify for psionic feats. This gives them more chooses in combat and uses of power points then a regular paladin who is fourced to use only spells. This allows them to use thier psionic ability more fully in combat; also paladin do nothave domains; mind knights have mantles including mantles powers. This makes them a bit more effective in combat. I paired the mindknight with a simialar bult paladin.The mindknight did 30 extra damage due ot the mantle power alone.

StormBlade.
Pm me if you want more details because I could go alot more in too it. I used the stormblade twice;once last week and then he came back for revenge. The first time he had a regular party of a few goblins. BAscily he had the abilitty to fire a lot of arrows making a lot of attacks. This however decreases his ability to hit alot, he has to many options to add attacks at this level he does not need this. It is more of a fail with build then the actual class. That type of caharacter can murder a large group of foes; but is almost useless against 'boss foes'; by that i mean characters who are of the same level or higher; often bosses have a lot defenses so they can last longer. High Ac foes stunt his usefullness by a ridicolosu amount. That what happened the first time. Last night I slaped 1 more level on him and combined him with a specificgroup of other foes. They focuesed on A. increasing the stormblades ability to attack; adding a bonus to hit and B. decreasing the foes Ac.The effective party level of the foe were one lower then the players. The players got slaughtered. completly. Like I said it is more of a flaw in the particular build then the whole cass. Barrage is alot stronger then sneack attack, specificaly if the player has boosts to hit and the foes has debuffed Ac. It should advance at a slower rate then the rouges sneakc attack or use 1d4 over 1d6.

Their was a short fight involving the leap dragoon. He is going to have a lot bigger role next week and the few games afterword. He will get very throughly tested. However what I do have to say from the short time he was used is he is so differenet inside and outside. But youll get a full review in a week or so.

Classes that need npcs to made before testing. (im in the process of making theml but if the creator or someone else will make them the class or feat or watever is made for npc it will be tested sooner)
Indigo Trickster (thier is an npc at level 9 that made be used but once the characters level is 9 or 10).
Chaos warrior
barrier mage
Kenesai of the Five Rings
Markpace ecternic.

Npcs made that will be tested some times
Z-Fighter
HAND OF RHYXALI
leap dragoon
medic
general martial adept
Amlenstaka
indigo trickster (see above)
whimsycap toadstoll (although I have no idea if it will be a ballanced test because of the level deifference.)

And to Djinn. I would love to test the Siedkona as a BBEG. Please a stat block will be great.
Also I will be pming all people who have particpated in one way or another in a few weeks to either make sure they got thier reiview or if you expressed intrest but did not post the chacter(unless I made one already)/ or you didnt post the homebrew yet.

Garryl
2011-11-06, 04:06 PM
All right quick review time. As allways if you want more indepth review please pm me; this is only the scratch beging.
MindKnight
Is balance. It plays as one would expect it. Personaly it is a bit stronger then the paladin, but not by much. The bit of extra strength comes from the fact that it can choose its can choose different alignments; thats not to huge of of a true advtange;well in play its not reallyone at all. The other advatnge comes from the fact that they qualify for psionic feats. This gives them more chooses in combat and uses of power points then a regular paladin who is fourced to use only spells. This allows them to use thier psionic ability more fully in combat; also paladin do nothave domains; mind knights have mantles including mantles powers. This makes them a bit more effective in combat. I paired the mindknight with a simialar bult paladin.The mindknight did 30 extra damage due ot the mantle power alone.

That's about what I was expecting (and what I intended). The alignment mantles' powers are basically fill-ins for Smite at level 1, except more reliable (any non-alignment instead of any evil/good/whatever) with better damage at low levels (+1d6 instead of +1/level) and no Cha to attack rolls. More importantly, they use psionic focus, essentially making it a 1/encounter ability instead of 1/day, with actual daily smites coming later on. A faster early progression of PP plus full ML also means that the Mindknight will get more out of manifesting than a regular Paladin gets out of spellcasting.

Edit: I'm curious to know which Mindknight you tested and under what circumstances. Also, did the Aura of Conviction see much play?

Npcs made that will be tested some times
medic
general martial adept
Amlenstaka

The site I posted these at (brilliantgameologists.com) is currently down. PM me if you need the stats and abilities.

Darksword
2011-11-06, 04:47 PM
I used the mindknight level 6. He was with a group of other protectors in a forest. The group included a level 6 paladin, a level 5 knight, and 3 lvl 4 fighters.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-11-06, 05:13 PM
What level would you like that Seidkona? Note that he should probably be at least 13 so you get the Fettered Oath ability, which can play merry havoc with your PCs. :smallbiggrin:

Darksword
2011-11-06, 05:34 PM
13 proably would work best then party was level 8 but as of next week they will be level 9. so 13 would work because even then it will be a few months or so. But if a higher level would work better you could add a level or two because you would already be waitng

Darksword
2011-11-19, 02:55 PM
Sorry for not postng its been hetic; last weekend one of the players was in the hospital; she is ook now but the game was canceled. This week was also canceled due to thanksgiving. SO nedxt week or the week after that is the nedxt game so come here to see updates then

GuyFawkes
2011-11-20, 01:39 AM
Hello! I would love it if you could use the classes I brewed up, all 3 of them if you'd like. The links are in my sig. I could provide you with the npcs for any of them that you'd like to use and at what level you'd want them to be. Thanks!