PDA

View Full Version : Homebrewing DMs

lorddrake
2011-10-07, 02:49 PM
What is the most AWESOME piece of homebrewed stuff you made in your campaign?

I usually make homebrewed stuff for my players because they do not optimize and preffer what is most iconic over what causes the biggest smoking crater... Then I made for my insane player a dracolich disciple (an awesome PrC that mixes the dragon disciple PrC with some undead affinity...) and it ended awesome!

So... what about you, guys?

NichG
2011-10-07, 03:50 PM
In a campaign about the afterlife, each character's soul is a metaphysical place that can be organized into a certain number of distinct areas, or 'rooms'. Each room does something based on its theme. So for instance, a spirit with a hospital gains faster healing and the ability to heal others; a spirit with a museum can pull objects from the museum into or out of their soul at will; a spirit with a gallery can relive and replay past experiences, including getting information that they did not get the first time (e.g. interrogate the memory someone you had to let go the first time through because of political reasons in order to get the information anyhow).

NOhara24
2011-10-07, 09:05 PM
My current DM tends to throw a unique piece of equipment to a player character whenever he feels they're falling behind. (Why he felt the need to do this for the cleric and the druid, and ignore the fighter and the paladin, I'll never know.)

The Juvenile - A crossbow that does 1d12 + damage for whatever the user shot out of it. Did I mention that it could shoot anything EXCEPT crossbow bolts?
"...could you give me your greatsword for a second? I have an idea."

WeeberJabber - A staff. Any creature struck by it that failed a (relatively low) fort save was instantly transmuted into a random material based on % die roll. The bone ooze we were fighting was turned into rhubarb. That ended the fight.

lorddrake
2011-10-07, 11:08 PM
WeeberJabber - A staff. Any creature struck by it that failed a (relatively low) fort save was instantly transmuted into a random material based on % die roll. The bone ooze we were fighting was turned into rhubarb. That ended the fight.

Hey!
Now you MUST introduce me to your DM!