PDA

View Full Version : So...how would I build a Powerklaw? [40k meets 3.x]

PirateLizard
2011-10-07, 08:10 PM
Okay, so I'm stumped. Was just chatting with a buddy joking about porting Grazhkull from 40k to 3.5 as an Orc Thrallherd in Adamantium double plate. Repeating crossbows double easily enough as "Boltchuckas" and giant axes are obviously "Choppahs".

How in the Infinite underplanes do I build a powerklaw? Was thinking it could be adamantium, maybe have brilliant energy...was also thinking of taking some giant dire snake with constrict and using polymorph's magic cheese to turn it into something I could wield as a weapon.

So...anyone got any great ideas? Just out of curiosity (and possibly a deep desire to drop an orc with a powerklaw on some people in a less-serious adventure.)

Note I'm looking for RAW here...there has to be a way to do it, magic can do anything...rite?

Weezer
2011-10-07, 08:19 PM
Well battlefists from ECS should work great. They're basically combat arm attachments for Warforged and can easily be fluffed as being claw shaped. There is also a graft that allows non-Warforged to use it, don't remember what sourcebook it's in though.

Little Brother
2011-10-07, 08:28 PM
How would da boss Ghazhul be a thrall'erd? 'Ez da big boss, he don't need no brain, but da Thrall'erds have ta be brainboyz. HE just has da featz Leadership an' Might Makes Right.

Da bigga question is how do ya stat up da boyz, or da bosses, 'cuz everyone knows da bosses iz bigga than da boys.

'Owever I'd say that a PowerKlaw would be somefin' like a battlefist wif some bonus to Natural Attacks. It does give ya a slam, right?

PirateLizard
2011-10-08, 02:28 PM
Yep, that's what I was forgetting, Eberron.

Hrm...yeah, it sucks because The "boss" need boffo charisma to gain as many followers as possible, which pushes me towards Wilder, but you're right, Thrallherd's 1/2 BAB really wouldn't give him the feel of being the "boss".

So...we graft his arms, give him some rediculous class like a crusader/warblade/ToB PrC, use half-giant for a LARGE battlefist and to make him and his higher level cohorts bigger than the other orkses, ...and to avoid the starting neg to charisma. Slap him in some double plate...and make his cohort a wilder thrallherd...and their thrall the mekboy aka artificier, which gets us even cheaper +STR and CHA items?

Man they're going to be wading through a LOT of orkses. Plus the CR 1/3 "gretchins" and "squigs" that just happen to be wandering around. Because orks just naturally attract goblins and wolves, rite? Thanks for the help/ideas. <3

Faiths of Eberron had the grafts btw.

Shades of Gray
2011-10-08, 02:36 PM
The feat "Might Makes Right" lets you use your STR score instead of CHA for the purposes of leadership. In addition, there is no reason that Ghazul would have a low CHA score. The boys love him, the bosses want to be him.

PirateLizard
2011-10-08, 02:40 PM
Forgot about that too...man you don't play in a game where leadership is allowed for 10 years and suddenly you feel n00b again :smalleek: